Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tempt Me Thursday (11)

Tempt Me Thursday was created here at The Reader's Antidote, and it's basically Teaser Tuesday on sexy YA steroids and then a synopsis of my current read.

This quote is from The Golden Lily, where Sydney finally gets the kind of all-consuming kiss she's been wanting!



He reached out to me and pulled me to him, one hand on my waist and the other behind my neck. He tipped my head up and lowered his lips to mine. I closed my eyes and melted as my whole body was consumed in that kiss. I was nothing. I was everything. Chills ran over my skin, and fire burned inside me. His body pressed closer to mine, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips were warmer and softer than anything I could have ever imagined, yet fierce and powerful at the same time. Mine responded hungrily, and I tightened my hold on him. His fingers slid down the back of my neck, tracing its shape, and every place they touched was electric.

[page 413, hardcover edition]




My current read is The Storyteller, which I'm flying through! It's a pretty heavy book and I just know it's not going to end well. Still, beautifully crafted and definitely recommended.


A good girl. A bad boy. A fairy tale that's true. A truth that is no fairy tale.

Anna is fascinated by Abel, the moody school drug dealer with the military haircut and deep blue eyes. One day she discovers a secret: Abel is caring for his six-year-old sister, Micha, alone. Despite friends' warnings, Anna is drawn to Abel and Micha, and is under the spell of the fairy tale that he tells his sister abotu a little orphan queen, who is pursued by hunters for the treasure she carries her diamond heart.

It's a story with parallels to reality. Social services and Micha's abusive father could take her from Abel if they discover the truth about their situation.

But when people Abel has woven into his story turn up dead, it's Anna whose hear is in danger. Is she in love with a killer?

Antonia Michaelis has written a spellbinding tale of suspense, murder, and a love that changes everything.

What's tempting you this Thursday? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. they kiss after page 400?! oh richelle mead, you kill me. i just finished book 1 and am dying to read this one.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.