Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Angelfire Read-Along Wrap-Up + SHADOWS IN THE SILENCE IS OUT TODAY!!

Well, it's over. This is the official final day of the read-along (though it really ended last Friday), and even though I'm sad it's over, I'm also really happy for today! And do you know why? Because Shadows in the Silence is out today!!!!!
funny gifs
This is how excited I feel. That guy in the green... he knows what's up.

BUY IT!!!

Still, I can't express to you how sad I am that this series is over. I haven't read Shadows in the Silence yet (waiting impatiently for it in the mail!!), but I know I'm totally going to love it and hate it at the same time. This is still one of my favorite series of all time, and re-reading the first two books really reinforced that. There are only a few books that I can say I still love even after re-reading them (which I really never do), and this is one of those series. I don't know what CAM is going to write next, but whatever it is, I'm so game!

On a business note, I've been totally failing at picking winners for the swag and the pre-order of Shadows in the Silence (which obviously isn't a pre-order now). I'm back in college now, but I will do my best to take the time to pick all the winners soon! And, if it turns out that only a core group of you guys participated, Momo and I may have swag for everyone that participated! Now I can't promise anything, but I'll look at who entered the quizzes, talk it over with Momo and we'll see.

In the meantime, PLEASE go out and buy Shadows in the Silence, even if you haven't finished Wings of the Wicked or even Angelfire yet. Like I said, I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail. I know Momo had an ARC but I'm pretty sure she's buying a copy too. I actually think she may considering going to the launch party (not sure if that's still a thing though). But I'm actually pretty envious of you guys. You haven't had to wait a whole year to see what will happen to Will and Ellie and, well, the entire fate of the world!

I hope you enjoyed this read-along. I know it may have seemed a little confusing at times and some posts were put up a little late, but all in all I had a blast hosting this read-along and sharing my thoughts about it with you all. And I'm sure my co-host Momo did too. I definitely want to thank Momo for hosting this with me. She came up with a lot of awesome ideas and I couldn't have coordinated everything without her, so *hugs!*. I also want to thank the author of this awesome series, Courtney Allison Moulton. Without her, well, the world wouldn't have been blessed with this breathtaking series and that would be a tragedy. But also she supplied the swag and the grand prize. And, finally, I want to thank you guys for making this read-along fun. I didn't know how many people were going to participate and honestly it worried me that no one would. But I want to thank you guys for reading this series and answering our crazy questions. I know that you participated partly because you could win something, but thank you for sticking around for so long.
funny gifs
I have a final parting question:

Did you read it and reap? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Yes i did read the books with you but i didnt have time to answer the question of the week.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.