Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week is Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2012. And I'm honestly surprised how many I found that weren't debut authors! I'm pretty proud of myself for finally getting to so many books that I had been putting off for a while, and even getting interested in new books from authors I'd never heard of but definitely wrote books before the one I'd read.




I bought the first book in this trilogy in Australia the year it came out, but had no desire to read it until this year in order to participate in a read-along. She also apparently wrote other contemporary books before this series as well.








I'd bought the entire trilogy of this series before even starting the first book, but I decided that I needed to crack down and start this series! I'd heard Brennan was a great author, but I just couldn't see reading them until all the books were out in paperback.










I knew that Heather had written a middle grade-ish series called Vladimir Todd, but it never seemed interesting to me. Then she came out with Soulbound, and since I got an ARC of it at ALA I figured I should give her a try.








This author has written A LOT before this book, and I actually didn't know that until I realized the book wasn't on the debut list for 2012. 






Another author who wrote a lot before penning this book, but this is the first I'd heard of her. I just couldn't pas up a story about Peter Pan!







Now this author is only new in the US. I'd seen her book on The Book Depository in the Australian versions before this year and I could have easily bought them then. So she's new to me this year, and new to the US.








This is another book that I bought in Australia, but hadn't gotten around to until very early this year when I participated in a Harper Imprint reading challenge. 








Another book bought in Australia and not read until this year for the Harper Imprint challenge. I'd heard mixed things about this book, but I finally got to reading it.







I'd actually seen this author's books before, but I didn't know it was her, if you know what I mean. There was a lot of great buzz around this specific book, so I knew I had to give it a try.








Another UK author with her books already published out there. But the first book in the series had already come out in the US last year and I'd been hearing a lot of great things about it.





What authors were new to you this year? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. nice list, nicole. ahhh heather brewer. i love vlad todd. and i just got tiger lily from the library. hoping to start it soon.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.