Saturday, December 1, 2012

November Wrap-Up


There's actually a good amount of stuff that went on this last month. I'm settling into school (AKA, the quarter's almost over and I'm procrastinating like there's no tomorrow!). I'm obviously not reading as much but I think I've gotten my fair share done considering. I've also opened up two events with linky lists. One is for the Angelfire Read-Along, hosted by me and Momo from Books Over Boys, which I'm begging you guys to sign up for! You have until December 29th to so! Just click the button below to sign up!


I've also decided to start my own reading challenge, which I've called the End of the Series Reading Challenge. Click the button below to check out all the rules.


Needless to say, I've been pretty busy with blog stuff this month. You'd be surprised how much effort it takes to run a read-along, even with someone else helping. But I'm really excited for both of these! The first discussion post for the Angefire Read-Along will be on this Monday, so hurry and sign up!

I'm also getting ready for the holiday season. It's my boyfriends birthday today, so I've been worried about getting him a gift for that. And then Christmas is right around the corner, then my birthday in January and our anniversary in February! It's been a busy winter like this for almost five years now! But it's worth it.

The first thing I'm going to mention is that I featured the Harry Potter franchise for an entire week on the blog! It was a lot of fun, but I wish more people had commented :/ If you want to check out the posts, click on the pic below.


Now, to the reviews!


REVIEWED

READ
The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) by Michelle Hodkin
Winter's Kiss by Jennifer Echols and Catherine Hapka
The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test #3) by Aimee Carter
Breaking Point (Article 5 #2) by Kristen Simmons
Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky #2) by Veronica Rossi

Yeah, I totally failed at the reviews this month, but I read a lot more so hopefully there will be more reviews in December!




Laini Taylor signing at Glendale Americana



PUBLICATION DATE: October 23rd, 2012

Will love conquer all?
Nora and Patch thought their troubles were behind them. Hank is gone and they should be able to put his ugly vendetta to rest. But in Hank's absence, Nora has become the unwitting head of the Nephilim and must finish what Hank began. Which ultimately means destroying the fallen angels - destroying Patch.

Nora will never let that happen, so she and Patch make a plan: lead everyone to believe they have broken up, and work the system from the inside. Nora will convince the Nephilim that they are making a mistake in fighting the fallen angels, and Patch will find out everything he can from the opposing side. They will end this war before it can even begin.

But the best-laid plans often go awry. Nora is put through the paces in her new role and finds herself drawn to an addictive power she never anticipated.

As the battle lines are drawn, Nora and Patch must confront the differences that have always been between them and either choose to ignore them or let them destroy the love they have always fought for.



PUBLICATION DATE: February 26th, 2013

Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.



PUBLICATION DATE: October 30th, 2012

Nothing is certain and no one is safe in the second book in the highly praised Dust Lands trilogy.

It seemed so simple: Defeat the Tonton, rescue her kidnapped brother, Lugh, and then order would be restored to Saba’s world. Simplicity, however, has proved to be elusive. Now, Saba and her family travel west, headed for a better life and a longed-for reunion with Jack. But the fight for Lugh’s freedom has unleashed a new power in the dust lands, and a formidable new enemy is on the rise.

What is the truth about Jack? And how far will Saba go to get what she wants? In this much-anticipated follow-up to the riveting Blood Red Road, a fierce heroine finds herself at the crossroads of danger and destiny, betrayal and passion.



1 comment:

  1. hi nicole! congrats on being almost done with the quarter. i don't know how people go to school and blog at the same time. i don't think i could have managed it. and happy early birthday and happy annivesary. 5 years is amazing!

    i am looking forward to the angelfire post on monday. you gotta keep me in line. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.