Monday, November 5, 2012

Cover Poison: Elegy, Towering, The Lives We Lost, Awaken, After Daybreak & The Dark Shore


I mean, honestly, I feel like I should just take all of the posts I've made with the covers coming out into one big post. But that takes more effort than I'm willing to exert. Luckily, I have six more today, so hopefully it'll be done for a while.



PUBLICATION DATE: July 4th, 2013

A stalker ghost, misguided Seers, and spellbinding wraiths—Amelia Ashley has faced them all. Now her greatest hope is to spend the rest of her afterlife with her living boyfriend, Joshua. But the demonic forces return to give her an ultimatum: turn herself over to the darkness or watch them murder one living person per week until she does.

Amelia fears she might really be doomed, until the forces of light give her another option. She can join them in their quest to gather souls, with a catch: Once she joins them, she can never see Joshua again.

Faced with impossible choices, Amelia decides to take her afterlife into her own hands—and fight back.




My thoughts: I am in with this cover! All of these covers have had gorgeous colors. And I'm definitely excited to read this final book in the series. 



PUBLICATION DATE: May 14th, 2013

At first, I merely saw his face, his hands on the window ledge. Then, his whole body as he swung himself through the window. Only I could not see what he swung on.
Until, one day, I told my dream self to look down. And it was then that I saw. He had climbed on a rope. I knew without asking that the rope had been one of my own tying.

Rachel is trapped in a tower, held hostage by a woman she’s always called Mama. Her golden hair is growing rapidly, and to pass the time, she watches the snow fall and sings songs from her childhood, hoping someone, anyone, will hear her. 

Wyatt needs time to reflect or, better yet, forget about what happened to his best friend, Tyler. That’s why he’s been shipped off to the Adirondacks in the dead of winter to live with the oldest lady in town. Either that, or no one he knows ever wants to see him again.

Dani disappeared seventeen years ago without a trace, but she left behind a journal that’s never been read, not even by her overbearing mother…until now. 

A #1 New York Times bestselling author, Alex Flinn knows her fairy tales, and Towering is her most mind-bending interpretation yet. Dark and mysterious, this reimagining of Rapunzel will have readers on the edge of their seats wondering where Alex will take them next!

My thoughts: I have no words for how gorgeous this cover is! I especially love the snow and her dress. I can't wait to read the story of Rapunzel! 



PUBLICATION DATE: February 12th

First, the virus took Kaelyn's friends, then her family, and now it's spread beyond her island. The only thing people know for sure is that no one is safe. But when Kaelyn finds samples of a vaccine hidden in her father's abandoned laboratory, she knows there's only one option: seek out someone who can replicate it.

As Kaelyn and her friends head to the mainland, carrying with them hopes for a cure, they face greater challenges than they ever could have imagined. Not everyone they meet wants Kaelyn to succeed—and many simply want her dead and the vaccine for themselves. With the chance of finding help slipping away, will Kaelyn be forced to sacrifice those she loves in order to rescue the human race?

Megan Crewe's second installment in this powerful and gripping YA series tackles self-preservation, first love, and hope, while refusing to flinch from the sacrifices they require. This heart-wrenching story of one girl’s bravery and unbeatable spirit will leave readers fervently awaiting the final book in this suspenseful and action-packed trilogy.

My thoughts: I haven't read the first one, but again I love the snow. And the color blue is really cool. Ha, cool... Anyway, I'll have to start this series at some point. 










PUBLICATION DATE: May 7th

NO SYNOPSIS











My thoughts: These covers have always been beautiful, and the softness of the purple really fits this series. It's interesting that the love interest is in the cover of the final book. Another series I need to start, especially since I have the first book.



PUBLICATION DATE: June 25th, 2013

Combining breathless romance, dark family secrets, and cinematic action, After Daybreak will keep readers turning pages late into the night. The Darkness Before Dawn series is a unique blend of paranormal and dystopian fiction that is perfect for fans of Christopher Pike’s Thirst novels and the House of Night series. 

Dawn returns from L.A. with terrifying news: In his greed for power, the maniacal Day Walker Sin is raising an army and infecting his followers with the Thirst—a rabieslike disease that will turn them into mindless killers. To stop him, Dawn and Victor will have to convince humans and vampires to work together before it’s too late.






My thoughts: Another series where I have the first book but haven't read it yet. I'm not sure I like the colors in this one more than the other ones, but I hope the main character is at some point in a black dress.



PUBLICATION DATE: May 21st, 2013

Owen, Lilly, and Leech have escaped Camp Eden, but the next step on their journey to find Atlantis and protect it from Paul and Project Elysium involves crossing the perilous wastelands of a wrecked planet. And unlike in EdenWest, where bloody truths were kept hidden beneath the surface, out here the horrors live bright beneath the poisonous sun.

Filled with sizzling romance, action, mind-bending twists, and powerful scenes of emotional and physical sacrifice, The Dark Shore: Book Two of the Atlanteans takes readers on a journey to a question that’s so great, even the gods have trouble answering it: What would you be willing to do to save humanity from itself?






My thoughts: Gah, another book where I have the first one, and it's even signed! Such a difference in colors, but I think I like the girl model from the first book than this second one.


What do you guys think of the covers? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.