Thursday, November 22, 2012

Angelfire Read-Along Introduction + Sign Up


Hello lovely followers! Today is the first post about this awesome idea that Momo from Books Over Boys (who also created the Angelfire fan site, The Little Reapers, which is the other blog that is going to be hosting this read-along) and I came up with. We're going to be hosting a read-along for the Angelfire series by Courtney Allison Moulton!! We're both super big fans of this series, but we also know that not many people have had the chance to read it, so this is that chance to not only read the first two books before the final book, Shadows in the Silence, comes out, but also a chance to win amazing prizes and talk turkey about the books! [Did you like my play-on-words there... since it's Thanksgiving... and there's turkey at Thanksgiving... heh?]

But first, a little about why we're doing this. Momo and I weren't approached by the author or anyone at Harper Collins to host this read-along. We decided on our own to do this because of our love for the series, it's general awesomeness, and the fact that the word about this series needs to get out and this is a wonderful way to do that. This series has everything you could ever want in YA: a normal girl with a special power that makes her pretty kick-ass, a realm layered over our own with creatures bent on destroying said heroine, and a swoon-worthy boy who our heroine can't seem to ever get close enough to. Not only is Ellie (our main character) one of my favorite heroines, but Will is one of my all-time favorite fictional boyfriends right up there with Jace Wayland. And this world Ellie's been thrust into is so beautifully crafted and Moulton's writing is so visual. This is honestly one of my favorite series of all time!

Want to know more about this series?

My reviews of Angelfire and the sequel, Wings of the Wicked.


First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.

More about the author:

Courtney Allison Moulton lives in Michigan, where she is a photographer and spends all her free time riding and showing horses. She has always loved reading about ancient mythologies, studying dead languages, and telling scary, romantic stories.

Unofficial Bio


I was born in Austin, Texas on August 18, 1986 and grew up in Michigan. In the first few years of my life, my family bounced around several states until we finally settled in mid-Michigan. I was a Girl Scout who dabbled in gymnastics and volleyball until I discovered horseback riding and it quickly consumed my heart and soul. When I discovered the Goosebumps books in the third grade, I decided I wanted to be RL Stine when I grew up.

I own a horse (a Swedish warmblood mare named Pia) and my passion is hunter/jumpers. My other passion is photography, and if you don't see me on a horse, you will probably see me with a camera in my face. I collect 1980's My Little Ponies and Breyer model horses, own over 400 movies, love playing Pokemon and MarioKart, and dream about sneaking into the polar bear exhibit at the zoo some day.
When I was sixteen, I wrote a one-act play about violent vampires for my creative writing class that became my first novel. For NaNoWriMo in November 2008, I wrote ANGELFIRE and signed with literary agent Elizabeth Jote of Objective Entertainment in February of 2009. In November 2009, we sold the trilogy to Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins. I am now represented by Rosemary Stimola of the Stimola Literary Studio.

You can find her at these places:
Twitter
Blog
Facebook
YouTube
Tumblr
deviantART

And here's where you can buy Angelfire, the first book in the series:

Well, now that I've bombarded you with all that information, I hope that you're informed about the series and are excited to sign up for this read-along. But, of course, we have some incentives:

There will be a monthly giveaway where one winner will receive a copy of Shadows in the Silence, the third and final book in the series. There will also be a grand prize giveaway that spans the entire read-along where one winner will receive a signed set of all three books! During the read-along we will also be doing little side giveaways where you can win Angelfire swag. November 29th (a week from today) will be the official kick-off post for the read-long where we will divulge all of the juicy details and how you can win these awesome prizes.

So, are you ready to sign up yet? Please do so below. This linky list will be open until December 29th, so you'll have plenty of time to decide if you have the time to participate.


Start spreading the word early! Here's the official read-along button (I'd like to say a special thanks to Giselle at Xpresso Reads for designing this gorgeous button and the banner at the top as well!):


3 comments:

  1. Yay, I can't wait to get this started! I'm actually nervous that no one will sign up, lmao! Eeek, *bites nails* :))

    Thanks for co-hosting, Nicole, and for coming up with this genius plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am thinking about this, nicole. i suck at challenges so i don't know if i want to commit just yet but i have been wanting to read this series. it's cool that you're hosting this though. sounds like it's going to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely do it! We're giving people lots of time to read each book (a month for the first, and another month for the second).

      Delete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.