Wednesday, October 3, 2012

September Wrap-Up


So this month, I started school! Like, real school, not community college. And it's been a blast, and not too difficult yet. It looked like I'm going to love my detective fiction class! I've met new people and I have a roommate and the classes are going to be harder, but I'm having a great time. The weather is beautiful here and the people are awesome. I can't wait for the rest of this semester! I haven't gotten enough reading done, and I'm afraid there are a lot of signings I won't be able to go to anymore because there's only one independent bookstore near me now. I will try to read more and get those reviews up for you throughout the year. I'll also be asking Ava, my awesome book-event-buddy back home, to try and write up some recaps of the signings she goes to and I'll post them up here. Actually one of those will be popping up later this week.


REVIEWED











READ

Soulbound ( #1) by Heather Brewer

Wow, I can't believe I'm pretty much caught up on reviews! But that means I'm also not reading as much, which isn't good.


Jessica Shirvington signing at the Barnes & Noble in Santa Monica


Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

PUBLICATION DATE: August 14th, 2012

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters #1) by Jessica Shirvington

PUBLICATION DATE: March 6th, 2012

It starts with a whisper: "It's time for you to know who you are..."

On her 17th birthday, everything will change for Violet Eden. The boy she loves will betray her. Her enemy will save her. She will have to decide just how much she's willing to sacrifice.
Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, EMBRACE is a compelling novel of good and evil, seductive desires and impossible choices. A centuries old war between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity chooses a new fighter. It's a battle Violet doesn't want, but she lives her life by two rules: don't run and don't quit. If angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden.
LINCOLN: He's been Violet's one anchor, her running partner and kickboxing trainer. Only he never told her he's Grigori--part human, part angel--and that he was training her for an ancient battle between Angels and Exiles.
PHOENIX: No one knows where his loyalties lie, yet he's the only one there to pick up the pieces and protect her after Lincoln's lies. In a world of dark and light, he is all shades of gray.
Two sides: Angel or Exile.
Two guys: Lincoln or Phoenix.
The wrong choice could cost not only her life, but her eternity... 


Daemon from Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout






Since I already gave the synopsis above, I'll just tell you a little about why I picked Daemon. He's sexy and gorgeous, so that's already bonus points. Here's fiercely protective of Katy, but she's playing really hard to get and making things more complicated than they need to be. And even knowing all the consequences of an alien falling in love with a human, he's willing to risk it all for her. That's the perfect boyfriend if I ever did see one. Can't wait to see what Opal, the final book, has in store for us! December is way too far away for more Daemon.







How was September for you all? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.