Friday, October 12, 2012

Forbidden Friday (16) ~ My Poison Pile (18) + On the Blog This Week (8) + Tip of the Week (3)


Forbidden Friday is a blog feature created here at The Reader's Antidote, with my two features My Poison Pile and On the Blog This Week. In My Mailbox will now be in a separate post.


My Poison Pile is a meme created here at The Reader's Antidote, which features my current read and the next four books that I'm going to read.


CURRENT READ



(for school)



UP NEXT





On the Blog This Week is pretty self-explanatory, but I just basically recap what's been happening on the blog this past week.


SATURDAY


MONDAY


TUESDAY


WEDNESDAY


THURSDAY


Tip of the Week is a feature where I endow some random tidbit of information onto you, whether it's with blogging, books, or life.


It's surprisingly not that difficult to read two books at once when they're completely different in almost every way. When I was younger, I used to get bored easily with reading. If one book got slow, I'd start another one and swear I'd go back to the first one. Obviously, that didn't happen. After a couple years of that, I swore I'd never do it again. Well now that 'm part of a read-along (and I'm already behind) and I've already been reading this other book, I started the read-along book, and honestly I'm doing just fine with it. I'm even reading other school books with it, which is an accomplishment for me. I guess the advice here is that you won't know that you can read more than one book at once unless you're forced to. I learned the hard way that if they're different enough (dystopian vs. urban fantasy), they won't interfere with each other. So if you think you're too busy in school to do MORE reading, just try and you might surprise yourself with how much your brain can handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.