Monday, October 8, 2012

Cover Poison + Book Trailer: Neverfall, Phoenix, Quintana of Charyn, The Elite & Matched


I have three gorgeous covers for you today. You've probably already seen them around the blogosphere, but here they are anyway.



PUBLICATION DATE: January 2013

An Everneath novella told from Cole's point of view after the end of Everneath.

My thoughts: It seems like every novel now has some sort of short story for inbetween the next book. And while this cover is gorgeous, it's just the second cover with the girl as a silhouette and a redder background. Still, I can't wait to read it.




PUBLICATION DATE: June 2013

NO SYNOPSIS

My thoughts: The two covers for this series so far are so beautiful, but so very different. I really enjoyed Black City, so I can't wait to see what happens next!





PUBLICATION DATE: March 12, 2013

The climactic conclusion of Printz Award winner Melina Marchetta’s epic fantasy trilogy!

Separated from the girl he loves and has sworn to protect, Froi and his companions travel through Charyn searching for Quintana and building an army that will secure her unborn child’s right to rule. While in the valley between two kingdoms, Quintana of Charyn and Isaboe of Lumatere come face-to-face in a showdown that will result in heartbreak for one and power for the other. The complex tangle of bloodlines, politics, and love introduced in Finnikin of the Rock and Froi of the Exiles coalesce into an engrossing climax in this final volume.

My thoughts: I read Finnikin of the Rock when I hadn't really been reading for long and I have Froi of the Exiles from Netgalley. But these covers have never been particularly awesome.




PUBLICATION DATE: April 23, 2013

The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Times bestseller The Selection.

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

My thoughts: There's a bad vibe surrounding this series ever since the author's agent started bashing reviewers if they rated it low. But I have to admit this cover is breathtakingly gorgeous. And I like it even better than the first. The first one has a pretty blue, but the position of her arm is just too weird.




This isn't anything new because Matched has been out for a while, but I'm part of read-along for this series (I've never read it before. I know, don't hurt me!) and not only does this help me win a copy of Reached but this trailer is pretty awesome. Definitely excited to read this now!

What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. These are all so beautiful!! It's hard to say which one I love the most lol

    The only thing that bugs me, is the Elite cover - I don't especially care for the expression on the cover model's face - her mouth looks *set* or off somehow. ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she looks like she's pouting. I guess the models on the covers for this series are destined to be weird

      Delete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.