Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cover Poison: Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers + Infatuate by Aimee Agresti


I'm a little behind the ball no this one, but I have for you the cover for Dark Triumph, the sequel to the awesome Grave Mercy (review here) by Robin LaFevers.


PUBLICATION DATE: April 2nd, 2013

Sybella arrives at the convent’s doorstep half mad with grief and despair. Those that serve Death are only too happy to offer her refuge—but at a price. Naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, the convent views Sybella as one of their most dangerous weapons.

But those assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to a life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. And while Sybella is a weapon of justice wrought by the god of Death himself, He must give her a reason to live. When she discovers an unexpected ally imprisoned in the dun geons, will a daughter of Death find something other than vengeance to live for?

This heart-pounding sequel to Grave Mercy serves betrayal, treachery, and danger in equal measure, bringing readers back to fifteenth century Brittany and will keep them on the edge of their seats.

My thoughts: I adore the cover!! Sybella looks fierce and deadly, although I do prefer a crossbow, like on the cover of Grave Mercy. But it's the synopsis that's really interesting to me. I didn't know these were like companion books almost. I hope we get to see some of the old characters from Grave Mercy in this one.


And the cover for Infatuate, sequel to Illuminate (review here) by Aimee Agresti.


PUBLICATION DATE: March 5th, 2013

Haven Terra is still recovering from an internship that brought her literally to the brink of hell when a trip to New Orleans leads to more trouble. Graduating early from high school leaves the spring semester free, so Haven and her friends Dante and Lance head to the Big Easy to volunteer with community service projects. But their true mission becomes clear when they run across an enclave of devils known as the Krewe. New Orleans is a free-for-all for these shape-shifting devils, who are more reckless and vicious than any Haven, Lance, and Dante have encountered. And they soon discover their French Quarter housemates are also angels-in-training, and together they must face off with the Krewe in their quest for wings. But Haven’s resolve is tested when Lucian, the repentant devil with whom she was infatuated, resurfaces and asks her for help escaping the underworld. Can he be trusted? Or will aiding him cost Haven her angel wings—and her life? Thrilling, romantic, and full of surprises, this gripping sequel to Illuminate takes the battle of good and evil to the next level.

My thoughts: I love the first cover so much more than this one. It doesn't seem to fit the theme and Haven does not look very flattering here. Oh well, hopefully the book itself will be good.


What do you guys think? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. That cover for Infatuate is NOT okay. I really really really don't like it. They should change that like... now.

    Anna
    Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am really not a fan of the infacuate cover. it looks so cheesy and the first cover was so classy. ugh!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.