Monday, September 3, 2012

Building My Bookshelf (21)


This is a feature I've created here at The Reader's Antidote, which was inspired by the meme Dusty Reads from Giselle at .Xpresso Reads and the meme Books to Pine For from Kristi at The Story Siren. Here's what to do:

~ Feature two books I have on my shelf but haven't read yet. These are likely books that I would want to read if I had more free time.

~Feature two books that are on my wish list, one that is already released and another that will be released within the next year.

On my shelf:



PUBLICATION DATE: December 8th, 2011

A thrilling debut story of death, love, destiny and danger


Lenzi hears voices and has visions - gravestones, floods, a boy with steel gray eyes. Her boyfriend, Zak, can't help, and everything keeps getting louder and more intense. Then Lenzi meets Alden, the boy from her dreams, who reveals that she's a reincarnated Speaker - someone who can talk to and help lost souls - and that he has been her Protector for centuries.

Now Lenzi must choose between her life with Zak and the life she is destined to lead with Alden. But time is running out: a malevolent spirit is out to destroy Lenzi, and he will kill her if she doesn't make a decision soon.





My thoughts: I adore this cover, but the synopsis makes it sounds really weird. And it's a standalone, which is a rarity with paranormal books. But it'll be interesting to see how I like it, once I get to it.


PUBLICATION DATE: June 15th, 2010
A new guy in town.
Rumors of vampires.
Dangerous first love.
This is where it all begins. . . .
The mansion on top of Benson Hill has stood empty for years. But one day it seems to be occupied, and its mysterious, handsome inhabitant Alexander Sterling becomes the source of much talk around town. Raven, a vampire-obsessed Goth-girl who has always considered herself an outsider in "Dullsville," is determined to uncover the truth surrounding the secretive Alexander. As she gets to know him, and their spark intensifies, Raven finds herself in some unanticipated situations. Can Alexander make her lifelong dream come true? But love always has its complications--especially when it can only be awakened at nightfall.
The first three books in Ellen Schreiber's bestselling Vampire Kisses series capture the thrill of a most unusual romance.
My thoughts: I've heard this isn't the best vampire series, and honestly I've had my fill of it for now, unless I'm told it's phenomenal. But it's signed so maybe I'll get to it sooner because of that.

On my wishlist:


PUBLICATION DATE: July 3rd, 2012

Just because Mel lives in New Whitby, a city founded by vampires, doesn't mean she knows any of the blood-drinking undead personally. They stay in their part of town; she says in hers. Until the day a vampire shows up at her high school. Worse yet, her best friend, Cathy, seems to be falling in love with him. It's up to Mel to save Cathy from a mistake she might regret for all eternity

On top of trying to help Cathy (whether she wants it or not), Mel is investigating a mysterious disappearance for another friend and discovering the attractions of a certain vampire wannabe. Combine all this with a cranky vampire cop, a number of unlikely romantic entanglements, and the occasional zombie, and soon Mel is hip-deep in an adventure that is equal parts hilarious and touching.

Acclaimed authors Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan team up to create a witty and poignant story of cool vampires, warm friendships, and the changes that test the bonds of love.

My thoughts: I'm so disappointed in myself that I haven't read anything by Sarah Rees Brennan. I'm planning on reading her Demon's Lexicon series soon, but this one looks pretty awesome.


PUBLICATION DATE: January 29th, 2013

Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

And Ellie must save herself.
Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.

My thoughts: I am so frickin' excited for this final book in the Angelfire series. This is one of my favorite series ever, and definitely top three angel books. I almost don't want the series to end, but I have to know what happens with Will and Ellie!

What do you guys think? Have you read any of these? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.