Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tempt Me Thursday (4)

In case you didn't notice, I have a different picture for this blog feature. It's not that I didn't absolutely adore that picture that I had (which you can still find on earlier posts). With all the drama going around the blogosphere (especially with the blogger who got sued for having someone else's picture on her blog, even though she cited who it belonged to), I just don't want to attract attention to myself. I feel like I've been walking on egg shells since that picture post I mentioned, so I've changed everything to have the same background that I made myself, just with different words. I'm going to keep the old pictures, and with some of the things that I only do once a year, I'll probably end up posting those original pictures up anyway. But I don't want any drama; the book blogging world has had enough of it for one year.

I'd also like to send out my deepest apologies to Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte. I loved her and everything about her blog and I'm sad that some monger author chased her away. I won't mention his name, because then he'll get the publicity he was probably looking for by doing what he did and bashing/threatening reviewers. It saddens me that she has left the book blogging world, but I hope one day she'll come back.


Tempt Me Thursday is Teaser Tuesday on sexy YA steroids, and then a synopsis of my current read.

I have a pretty nice quote here from Throne of Glass. You'll have to guess which guy I like, although it might not be the guy in the quote. ;)




    He shook the hair out of his face. "I'm not interested in court ladies," he said thickly, and kissed her.
    His mouth was warm, and his lips were smooth, and Celaena lost all sense of time and place as she slowly kissed him back. He pulled away for a moment, looked into her eyes as they opened, and kissed her again. It was different this time--deeper, full of need.
...
    His arms slipped around her waist ad he held her tightly to him as his lips moved against hers. She put a hand on his shoulder, her fingers digging into the muscle that lay beneath. How different things were between them than when she'd first seen him Endovier!





And now, for my current read. This is the second book in my ALA Read-A-Thon.

PUBLICATION DATE: January 29, 2013

Jan. 4. 1932 Hours.

Ocean Standard Time

Thirty-Five Days After Metias’s Death


June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long.

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengence, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?

What's tempting you this Thursday? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED Throne of Glass :D Isn't it amazingggggg!!! What an awesome quote too :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.