Friday, August 10, 2012

July Wrap-Up


Nothing too crazy happened this month. I participated in a couple blog tours and went to an author signing. Me and Thuy and Crystal came up with the ALA Read-A-Thon which started a couple days ago. I've been doing alright with it, but I don't think I'm going to reach my goal of 7 books.

Would you believe I totally forgot that my blog turned a year old this last month until I was halfway done with the post? That is so sad... but yes, The Reader's Antidote had it's first blogoversary July 19th, and I could not be prouder of myself and the blog I've built. Thank you for everyone that's followed me and stuck with me. You guys are awesome!

I'm still waiting for some people to read my book and then I need to send out query letters. But I've been really inspired with this idea I have with a Beauty and the Beast retelling, which I'm super excited for. I wish I could tell you more, but I don't want anyone to love it and try to write it too... not that it's that good of an idea... alright I'm going to stop talking now.


REVIEWED














READ

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

Black City (Black City #1) by Elizabeth Richards

Until I Die (Revenants #2) by Amy Plum

Hemlock (Hemlock #1) by Kathleen Peacock

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

I've been reading pretty quickly so I'm proud of what I've reviewed last month. I really do need to write my reviews for Black City, Scarlet and Unravel Me, since I won't be posting those until a month or so before the publication date. Although, I might just reread Scarlet and Unravel Me before their publications, because they were that good!

Dark Days Tour Stop with  S.J. Kinkaid, Veronica Roth, Dan Wells, and Aprilynne Pike




PUBLICATION DATE: February 5th, 2013

Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.



PUBLICATION DATE: May 1st, 2012

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?



PUBLICATION DATE: July 31st, 2012

"I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.

So wrong for each other...and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


How was your guys' July? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.