Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten YA Books of the Year I've Read... So Far

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


This Tuesday is one we could pick whatever we wanted, which is perfect because I've been wanting to make a post of my favorite books that I've read so far this year. I was going to feature a couple that aren't actually out until next year, but I decided that would be unfair. So all of these books are out already. These really aren't in any particular order.



This book is so amazingly unique, and unlike any dystopian I've ever read. It's also an amazing fairytale retelling, which makes it even more unbelievably good. Here's my review.



I loved this sequel. It wasn't as good as the first one and I had a few issues with it, but the awesomeness of this world is too good to ignore. I haven't posted up the review yet.



This book is also very unique. I always say that I don't know why I read books with zombies in them, but they always end up being pretty great. But this time we fall in love with a zombie. Just so good! Here's my review.



Oh, look, another zombie book! This too was amazing, and I don't usually enjoy contemporaries but this was just so breathtaking. Here's my review.



I loved Eve and Anna Carey is just so amazing and brilliant, and this sequel was everything I'd hoped it'd be. If you haven't started this series, you should. Here's my review.



I am still totally in love with this series, and while I was sad to read this final book, it was also really amazing and perfect. I really hope Jeri comes out with another awesome YA series. Here's my review.



I was not the biggest fan of Starcrossed, but I absolutely adored this book. Even Josie said she liked Dreamless better than Starcrossed, and I feel like her writing has really improved. Here's my review.



Another dystopian that really stood out to me. It has such a strange setting that's oddly awesome, and I love story that was near perfect. I can't wait to see what happens next. Here's my review.



I cannot explain how much I love this book, and it's mostly because of how amazing our hot love interest is. He makes this book, and everyone knows it, yet it still has a great plot line. Aliens are awesome! Here's my review.



I loved the first book in the Angelfire series and actually got to meet Courtney. This is another book that was really unique to me, even compared to that of its predecessor. Here's my review.

What do you guys think? Would any of these be in your top ten? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome choices! Some of these I've read and loved, and others I really need to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Under the Never Sky is an AMAZING read!!!! I loved it so MUCH!! It's probably in a tie for first for me :) Great list of AWESOMENESS!! :D

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Shine too. I thought it was going to be horrible letting that series go but Jeri Smith-Ready managed to end it in a way that left me completely content. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so far behind on these. i think i've only read like 3 of them. this is not a test is high on my list though.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.