Thursday, July 19, 2012

Tempt Me Thursday (3)


Tempt Me Thursday is Teaser Tuesday on sexy YA steroids, and then a synopsis of my current read.

This quote is from Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins. This book had a couple very steamy scenes, and this one is my favorite.

 

"Seriously," I whispered, unable to look away. "You're doing that bedroom-eyes thing again."
We met halfway. His lips were as hot as his eyes, sending a shock wave through me. His tender mouth opened mine and I could sense the red of passion, like silk, circling us, pulling us closer. I was aware of a halfhearted battle within me, but I clambered nearer, pushing the notebook and papers to the floor.
His lips broke away from mine and moved greedily down my neck. A moan escaped me at the feel of his hot breath, and it was all the encouragement he needed. He was on top of me, and I was gripped by an unfamiliar hunger.



And that's not even the best of it, but I figured I'd leave the rest for when you go out and buy this awesome book.


I'm just starting my current read, Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard. I'm reading it for a blog tour and I did a mini-interview with her as well, so I can't wait to start reading it.

The year is 1876, and there’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.

What do you think of the quote? Have you read either of these books? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.