Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate: review

Goodreads rating: 4.15
Kindle Edition, 432 pages
Published June 12th 2012 (first published June 1st 2012)
Series: Fallen #4
Source: e-ARC from publisher

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

This series began with one of the best angel books I've ever read. Kate had set us up for an amazing four books, and then Torment came out and I was disappointed in the way things had gone. And Passion just felt a little contrived, like it was just a filler book, and I hated that it had come to that. But I had high hopes for Rapture, and it didn't disappoint. The book pretty much starts off where Passion ends, where we learned so much about Luce's past. Apparently, Luce needed solid evidence to prove Daniel's love to her, which really angered me. She should have been living in the present with Daniel, especially since this is the first time she hasn't died soon after they've kissed. But now Lucifer is angry, but not completely for the reason we've been led to believe. There's a strange history between Lucifer and some of the main characters. I wish I could tell you, it's such a juicy secret! But it's worth the read.

What do you say about a romance you've been basically living it for three books. We saw how Luce and Daniel fell in love over and over again in Passion. I think the only thing that really bothered me here is that the thing with Cam was never really explored. It's obvious he and Luce feel something for each other, and while I don't like him very much, I still wish Luce had been tempted by him throughout the series. But there is another key player in this love story who I cannot divulge. Besides that, I was glad that Luce finally realized how committed Daniel has been to her over however many years they've fought and lost to be together. Daniel was definitely one of my fictional boyfriends when I read Fallen, and he came back to that in this book. They had much more to worry about in this last book, but their love remained real.

This was a perfect ending. Not everyone lived to see Luce complete what needed to be done, but they sacrificed themselves for the cause and as true friends. It's bittersweet for me that the series is over. The first and fourth book were my favorites, but I think this series as a whole could have been better. I read Fallen in one day but then felt let down by the middle two. But if you've stuck with the series, then you should definitely read this last book. I can't wait to see what Lauren Kate writes next!




3 comments:

  1. I loved the ending on this one too. I want a spin off for cam and a spinoff for lucifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely. I adored Fallen and then the next two books really disappointed me. I was glad Rapture kinda redemmed the series. The ending was perfect, but I have seen a lot of people complaining about it and I don't really know why. Oh well. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a little bored of this series after a while but I think I'll have to read it now to find out this ending!!
    Great blog
    Amy
    http://teenyreader.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.