Friday, July 13, 2012

Forbidden Friday (7) ~ In My Mailbox (45) + My Poison Pile (9)


It's Friday the 13th everyone! Mwuahahaha!! Hopefully, my pretty face won't scare you too much.

Here's the deal with this "new meme": I wanted to make an easy title for when I do IMM and my meme My Poison Pile. So I came up with the name of Forbidden Friday, and of course I made up a button (above)! I am not saying the In My Mailbox meme is my own, as it belongs to Kristi of The Story Siren. I have simply put hers and mine together in one post and gave it a general name.

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


BOOKS MENTIONED


My Poison Pile is a meme created here at The Reader's Antidote, which features the next four books that I'm going to read next and a little about why I'm reading them.


Before I Wake (Soul Screamers #6) by Rachel Vincent: I've actually already started this one and I'm loving it. And there is lots of Kaylee and a certain reaper! ;)

Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death #1) by Bethany Griffin: I love Edgar Allen Poe, so I can't imagine not loving a retelling of one of my favorite stories.

Frost (Frost #1) by Kate Avery Ellison: This is for a blog tour later this month, and I'm really intrigued by it. Truthfully, though, the cover is what really drew me in.

Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly #1) by Susan Dennard: This one is also for a bog tour. I've been looking forward to reading this one, and I'm glad I get to do so through a blog tour.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Nicole! I stayed up way past my bedtime the other day just so I could finish The Girl of Fire and Thorns!! It was so amazing :) And I was so sad about it too! I'm so sorry about your grandma. My grandma just passed away this past February and I didn't read a single book for like a month :( I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I can't wait to read Crown of Embers!! And thank you Crystal, I'm already feeling better thankfully :)

      Delete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.