Sunday, July 1, 2012

Cover Poison: Dead Silence, Fragments, A Touch Menacing, Spellcaster, Requiem, Rise, Deep Betrayal, & Lullaby


So many covers coming out!! This is insane, and they're all so amazing and beautiful.











PUBLISHED: April 16th, 2013 by HarperCollins

NO SYNOPSIS









My thoughts: This one looks a little like the third cover, color wise anyway. But I've always loved what they've done with the flowers with the covers for this series.



PUBLISHED: February 26th, 2013 by Balzar + Bray

Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is only just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues as to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence—it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that Kira knows she is a part of, a plan that could save both races. Her allies are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what’s left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira’s journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and they will both discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn’t even know existed.

  
My thoughts: As much as I love this cover (with the addition of the guy), it's the exact same stance from the girl on the cover of the first book, and the city looks the same except there's water there instead of a road. But I'm very excited to read this book!












PUBLISHED: March 5th, 2013

 NO SYNOPSIS









My thoughts: These covers have always been a little strange, and I've heard mixed reviews of the first one. Honestly, this girl looks like a doll and it's kind of creeping me out.



PUBLISHED: March 5th, 2013 by HarperTeen

When Nadia’s family moves to Captive’s Sound, she instantly realizes there’s more to it than meets the eye. Descended from witches, Nadia senses a dark and powerful magic at work in the town. Mateo has lived in Captive’s Sound his entire life, trying to dodge the local legend that a curse has been placed on his family that will cause him to go insane. When the strange dreams Mateo has been having of rescuing a beautiful girl—Nadia—from a car accident come true, he knows he’s doomed.

Despite the forces pulling them apart, Nadia and Mateo must work together to break the chains of his family's terrible curse, and to prevent a disaster that threatens the lives of everyone in the town. Shimmering with magic and mystery, New York Times bestselling author Claudia Gray’s new novel is sure to draw fans of the Hex Hall and Caster Chronicles series, and fans of the hit CW TV show The Secret Circle.


My thoughts: I love this cover! The colors really compliment each other. I also can't wait to read Claudia Gray's next book.












PUBLISHED: March 5th, 2013

 NO SYNOPSIS









My thoughts: These books have never really been my favorite, but these covers are gorgeous. I might have been nice if they had mixed the colors up a bit for this one, like pink or green or something. This looks to much like the second one, especially the girls face.



PUBLISHED: 2013

It's been thirty days, two hours, and seventeen minutes since Calder left Lily standing on the shores of Lake Superior. Not that she's counting. And when Calder does return, it's not quite the reunion Lily hoped for. Especially after she lets her father in on a huge secret: he, like Calder, is a merman. Obsessed with his new identity, Lily's dad monopolizes Calder's time as the two of them spend every day in the water, leaving Lily behind.

Then dead bodies start washing ashore. Calder blames his mermaid sisters, but Lily fears her father has embraced the merman's natural need to kill. As the body count grows, everyone is pointing fingers. Lily doesn't know what to believe—only that whoever's responsible is sure to strike again. . . 


 
My thoughts: I like the cover, but the font of the writing really bothers me. I just don't like it for some reason. And I think they could have made the colors more vibrant.











PUBLISHED: January 2013

NO SYNOPSIS










My thoughts: I love how they've already come up with the cover for the second book, and the first one hasn't even come out yet. These ones are nowhere near as beautiful as the original ones for the first series, but I'll be interested to start this series.








 



PUBLISHED: November 27th, 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

NO SYNOPSIS









My thoughts: I've heard great things about her books, and I just got a copy of Wake at ALA, but the covers or this series are beautiful.

What do you guys think of these covers? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.