Monday, July 30, 2012

Building My Bookshelf (19)


This is a meme I've created here at The Reader's Antidote, which was inspired by the meme Dusty Reads from Giselle at .Xpresso Reads and the meme Books to Pine For from Kristi at The Story Siren. Here's what to do:

~ Feature two books I have on my shelf but haven't read yet. These are likely books that I would want to read if I had more free time.

~Feature two books that are on my wish list, one that is already released and another that will be released within the next year.

On my shelf:



PUBLICATION DATE: August 1st, 2011

My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy — a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.

But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why—especially since I should have been the one who died. . .


My thoughts: I've heard mostly good things about this series, and I even have the second book, so I'll definitely have to get to this soon. Besides, I love mythology!


PUBLICATION DATE: June 2nd, 2009

Nick and his brother, Alan, have spent their lives on the run from magic. Their father was murdered, and their mother was driven mad by magicians and the demons who give them power. The magicians are hunting the Ryves family for a charm that Nick's mother stole -- a charm that keeps her alive -- and they want it badly enough to kill again.

Danger draws even closer when a brother and sister come to the Ryves family for help. The boy wears a demon's mark, a sign of death that almost nothing can erase...and when Alan also gets marked by a demon, Nick is desperate to save him. The only way to do that is to kill one of the magicians they have been hiding from for so long.

Ensnared in a deadly game of cat and mouse, Nick starts to suspect that his brother is telling him lie after lie about their past. As the magicians' Circle closes in on their family, Nick uncovers the secret that could destroy them all.

This is the Demon's Lexicon. Turn the page.

My thoughts: Everyone has always raved about Sarah, and so I plan on getting to this some time soon. Especially since all the books are already out.

On my wishlist:


PUBLICATION DATE: July 3rd, 2012 (paperback)

The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway: a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them both, this is a game in which only one can be left standing. Despite the high stakes, Celia and Marco soon tumble headfirst into love, setting off a domino effect of dangerous consequences, and leaving the lives of everyone, from the performers to the patrons, hanging in the balance.


My thoughts: I've heard so many people raving about this book. And now that it's in paperback, I'm that much closer to getting it.





PUBLICATION DATE: October 23rd, 2012

Fates unfurl in the gripping conclusion to the "New York Times" bestselling Hush, Hush saga. Nora is more certain than ever that she is in love with Patch. Fallen Angel or no, he is the one for her. Her heritage and destiny may mean that they will always be enemies, but there is no turning her back on him. And yet their biggest challenge lies ahead. Can their love survive a seemingly insurmountable divide? The lines are drawn, but it's unclear which sides have been taken. And in the end, will there be enough trust left to rebuild what has been broken?



 
My thoughts: I adored Hush, Hush and the other books have been good too. If I'm being honest, I think this could have stayed a trilogy. But that cover is gorgeous!

What do you guys think? Have you read any of these? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. i still need to read touch of frost, too. i've had it for awhile now. and ahhhh finale! i actually haven't read silence yet. i think crescendo was such a disappointment to me that i am a little afraid that i won't like silence. but i did love hush hush so i'll probably read silence before the next book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! You should definitely pick up The Night Circus! It's awesome book and you should read it soon!!!!! Soon I tell you, soon!

    http://therandomranterer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess


    I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your
    blog. I as well am an

    aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips and hints for rookie blog

    writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.
    Here is my homepage : papilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. With everything that

    appears to be developing inside this area, your perspectives
    happen to be relatively stimulating. Nonetheless, I am sorry,
    but I do not give credence to your entire plan,
    all be it exciting none the

    less. It appears to me that your opinions

    are generally not entirely justified and in simple fact
    you are generally your self not really

    totally convinced of the point. In any

    event I did appreciate looking at it.
    Feel free to visit my web site - en.tangowiki.com

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.