Monday, July 23, 2012

Building My Bookshelf (18)


This is a meme I've created here at The Reader's Antidote, which was inspired by the meme Dusty Reads from Giselle at .Xpresso Reads and the meme Books to Pine For from Kristi at The Story Siren. Here's what to do:

~ Feature two books I have on my shelf but haven't read yet. These are likely books that I would want to read if I had more free time.

~Feature two books that are on my wish list, one that is already released and another that will be released within the next year.

On my shelf:


PUBLISHED: May 1st, 2011

Two years ago Brenna did the unthinkable. She witnessed the aftermath of a murder and accused her only true friend — the first boy she ever loved — of being a killer.

Now sixteen, Brenna returns to Oklahoma only to discover that Isaac ‘White Bird’ Henry isn’t in juvie. The half-breed outcast is in a mental hospital, frozen in time, locked in his mind at the worst moment of his life. When Brenna touches him, she’s pulled into his hellish vision quest, seeing terrifying demons and illusions she doesn’t understand.

Feeling isolated and alone, Brenna’s up against the whole town: targeted by bullying former classmates, a bigoted small town sheriff and a tribe who refuses to help one of their own.

But when Brenna realises she’s as trapped by the past as White Bird is, this time she won’t turn her back on him. She’s the only one who can free them both. Even if she has to expose her secret — a ‘gift’ she’s kept hidden her whole life.

My thoughts: I got this one in Australia, but I'm just kind of burned out on angel books. 'll get to it as some point.


PUBLISHED: August 24th, 2010
Have you ever fallen in love at first sight?
Do you long for a place you're never been?
Do you often experience the sensation of deja vu?
EVER SINCE HAVEN MOORE CAN REMEMBER,
she's experienced visions of a previous life as a girl named Constance, whose love for her soulmate Ethan ended in tragedy.

And then the sight of the world's hottest movie star, Ian Morrow, brings Haven to her knees. She knows she has met him before. Is Iain her beloved Ethan?

Unable to deny her past any longer, seventeen-year-old Haven flees to New York to find him - and an epic love affair begins. But its both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Can Haven unlock the deadly secrets hidden in her past lives-and loves-before all is lost and Ethan disappears again...forever


My thoughts: This is actually another book that I got in Australia, but I'm definitely interested by it. And I have the second book, so I'll get to it.

On my wishlist:


PUBLISHED: April 1st, 2012

THE FALSE PRINCE is the thrilling first book in a brand-new trilogy filled with danger and deceit and hidden identities that will have readers rushing breathlessly to the end.

In a discontent kingdom, civil war is brewing. To unify the divided people, Conner, a nobleman of the court, devises a cunning plan to find an impersonator of the king's long-lost son and install him as a puppet prince. Four orphans are recruited to compete for the role, including a defiant boy named Sage. Sage knows that Conner's motives are more than questionable, yet his life balances on a sword's point -- he must be chosen to play the prince or he will certainly be killed. But Sage's rivals have their own agendas as well.

As Sage moves from a rundown orphanage to Conner's sumptuous palace, layer upon layer of treachery and deceit unfold, until finally, a truth is revealed that, in the end, may very well prove more dangerous than all of the lies taken together.

An extraordinary adventure filled with danger and action, lies and deadly truths that will have readers clinging to the edge of their seats.

My thoughts: I've heard simply amazing things about this book. It's on my next-books-to-order on Amazon, so I'm hoping I can get a copy soon!


PUBLISHED: August 28th, 2012

Varen Nethers is trapped in a perilous dream world -- a treacherous and desolate realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life. Isobel Lanley, plagued by strange visions and haunted by the nightmares of Varen's creation, is the only one who can save him.
 
Isobel knows that her only hope lies within a Baltimore cemetery. There, in the early morning hours of Edgar Allan Poe's birthday, a mysterious stranger known as the "Poe Toaster" will make his annual homage at the legendary poet's grave.

Only the Poe Toaster holds the key to the way between worlds. But even greater dangers lie ahead for Isobel. An ancient evil, draped in veils of white, is watching, challenging her for Varen's affections. When Isobel finally finds Varen, he is no longer the quiet and brooding boy who once captivated her, but a dark force, powerful and malevolent.

My thoughts: This is one of the three books that I was dying to get at ALA (the other two were Unravel Me and Scarlet, both of which I got). Sadly, they only had one display copy and it was gone before I could get my hands on it. But the end of August isn't to far away, so I shall painstakingly wait for it to release.

Have any of you read these books? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. OKAY...i READ & loved In the arms of stone angels! It actually has nothing to do with ANGELS!! But it's more mystery/contemporary/crazy! I LOVED IT! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i haven't read any of these (hides). but i have heard really good things about stone angels. that's definitely on my to read list. i really want to read nevermore, too. ahh if only i had more hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.