Sunday, July 15, 2012

Blogoversary Part II: A Special Thanks


First, I'd like to thank all of my followers. I cannot say this enough: you guys are beyond awesome. Without you, I may not have found the will to keep this blog going or make it as pretty as it is. You are what keeps this blog alive. So thank you for visiting, reading, commenting and everything else. I hope that I can always keep this blog up to your standards.

And now, I have some people to thank. I could not have done this without you guys. This whole experience with immersing myself into the book blogging world has been awesome because of you.



I met Kristi in person before I even knew what book blogging was. There happened to be an awesome book signing in Lansing, MI when I was out there visiting family, and Kristi decided to make the drive there as well. She took some pictures of me and the authors, and was nice enough to send them to me. When I started up my blog, hers was one of the blogs that I really looked at to see what I should be doing. We kept e-mailing and I asked her if she had any advice and if she would check out my blog. She told me it looked good so far, and that was really something I needed to hear, because I had no idea what I was doing.




I've mentioned Anna many many times, and not only would my blog be not as good without her help, but I would also not be having nearly as much fun blogging about books. She is without a doubt my blogging bestie! I'm actually supposed to meet her in person for the first time later today, so I'm very excited for that. We've exchanged emails and tweets and texts and Facebook messages. She was one of the few people to comment on my blog when it was in its younger stages. We've bought each other signed books and lent each other borrow books and we've given each other advice. I could not have done any of this without her.


Xpresso Reads

Giselle is another blogger who's really stuck with me from the beginning. She also really helped me with certain aspects of my blog, and I loved how hers was set up. Its veterans like Giselle that truly makes me believe that I could have this blog and still love blogging for a very long time. She's definitely a role model in the book blogging world for me.

A few other people I'd like to mention are:

AWESOME ALA Bloggers

Crystal from Elegantly Bound Books: Crystal and I have just recently become friends with going to ALA and she was a life saver. She's one of the main reasons I even went on the final day, and she was great company.

Rachel from The Reader's Den: She absolutely saved my butt those few days. Her and her husband stood in signing lines for us and both of them made the experience more enjoyable.

Thuy from Nite Lite: Her and Crystal were together for the first day or two and then we all started hanging out together. We all made sort of attack plans and I was glad that Thuy was there to be part of them.

Kimberly from The Windy Pages: I've met Kimberly (and Thuy) a couple times before, and it was great having her there as part of a great support system.

Also:

Ava: Okay, so Ava isn't a blogger, but she's the first person I've met that follows my blog and actually recognized me at a signing. That honestly made my week and we see each other at a lot of other signings now. She's a very selfless person and just awesome all around. Being able to meet a dedicated follower is simply amazing. Her and her mom also helped me a great deal at ALA by getting in lines and buying food that I could share with them.

Traci from The Reading Geek: I actually met Traci when she took a trip out here to California. We talked about all these different books that we liked and didn't like, and I just loved talking with her.

Tiffany from For Those About to Read: I also met Tiffany at a signing once, and of course I followed her blog before that, and it was great getting to talk about books and authors and hang out with. Sadly, she moved to Colorado soon after that.

Jude from In Between Reading and Writing: I'm thanking Jude because she's a great blogger. She sets up all these blog tours and does so much for the blogging community. She featured me in one of the blogger lifts and my blog got a lot of attention from that.

Natalia from Dazzling Reads: She also began commenting on my blog from the beginning. All these early commentors gave me the confidence to continue with my blog.

Thank you all so much! :) Don't forget to enter my giveaway from yesterday. There's still plenty of time!

18 comments:

  1. Bloggers are the best people in the world! ♥ I love how we all support each other. :) It's really nice to see the list of bloggers that you've been working with and getting support from over the last year!

    Happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^Yes they are! I just loved this post- it's so sweet and I love the shout-outs to all of the other bloggers out there! I love how the blogging community is so connected and although some we've never met in real life, we're practically best friends! So many relationships develop because of these blogs!
    Happy blogoversary and hopefully there will be more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww thanks, nicole. it's been really great getting to know you, too, after seeing you at so many signings. congrats on 1 year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I'm so glad I got to meet you too! I feel like we've crossed paths so many times at book signings before we met officially so we were just destined to be friends :) Blogger friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on one year! YAY!
    I'm very happy I bothered you that first time in Redondo Beach! :)
    (um, still haven't read those two books we bought that day either!)
    So read a thon away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyyy happy happy blogoversary!!!! I'm so glad we met during the early stages and have been friends ever since :D Hope you have an awesome week!!! <3333

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeep! Thank YOU, Nicole. You're awesome! <3!

    Happy Anniversary, The Reader's Antidote! Here's to manymanymany more! Cheers!

    <3,
    - Ava

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow many of these blogs & agree that they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! Happy Blogoversary, dear! A year? How does it feel? I can tell from your posting that it feels pretty darn good!!!! Here's to another great year of blogging for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad I got to meet you before I left! I hope you're enjoying Cali--I miss it :)

    PS your giveaway button is gorgeous! Happy blogoversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Number 1, Happy Blogoversary! Number 2, I'm super glad you stuck it out! I absolutely love your blog!

    xo Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogoversary! Thank you for having a super neat blog.

    jmesparza821(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogoversary! I predict you'll be around for a while because you have a super neat and original blog and soon people will be thanking you for all your inspiration to them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blogoversary! :D I love your blog, it is very creative! Plus I love fairy tales, including Snow White :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww..Happy Blogoversary! It's really nice to build relationships within the book blogging community.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Blogoversary! Thanks for the great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogoversary!!! You seem to have had a lucky beginning in the book blogging world! Those are some awesome friends to have when creating a book blog. I really enjoy your blog personally so keep it up!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.