Sunday, June 3, 2012

May Wrap-Up


Okay, so this month ended with me taking a few really hard finals, which of course has been a blast... Not. But that is not the point. For finals, I didn't want to not post. I know a lot of people do that when finals are coming up, but I realized that as long as I've planned out what posts I want to do, the longest it'll take to post one up is half an hour. That's usually how long my study breaks are. I only have one more final, which is actually today, but it's my English final so that'll be a breeze.

I participated in a few blog tours this month, but I'm glad to be able to finally read what I want. I definitely won't be spreading myself out as thinly as I have with blog tours. Especially when I go back to school, because I'll be transferring to a four-year university next semester (more on that later). I also got a couple interviews in this month, which has been fantastic. Oh, and the best news for a blogger: I GOT BLURBED!


Yes, that is me right at the bottom. Isn't it perty?!?! I know it doesn't have my actual blog name (it's my Goodreads name), but it's still super exciting. I've been searching to see if I can get a paperback of this book somewhere, and I may just have to e-mail the author about it. Because if I'm blurbed on a book, I want to own it. The book is called The Kiss Off and you guys should really read it. I fell in love with the characters and the story, and our main character is really feisty. Definitely worth a read.

In another piece of news: As I said before I'll be going to a four-year school next semester. It's called UCSB (AKA University of California Santa Barbara). It has one of the nicest campuses I have ever been to (though granted I haven't been to that many) and it has an English program. One of the reasons I picked it is because I needed more classes to get into the English program, which means they hold this program to a higher standard than they did at other colleges. Like at UC Davis, I needed English 101 and 102, and a poetry class from my community college. That's way too easy. So I was really happy when I got in. But there was another important element, and that was my boyfriend deciding between UCSB and UC San Diego. He waited until the last minute, but he finally picked UCSB and I could not be happier. I'm so excited to start a new part of my life with him!

Okay enough sappy stuff. Onto the bookish things from this month. I'll also be putting cover of the month and book of the month in this post from now on.


REVIEWED









READ

Once (Eve #2) by Anna Carey

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers

Dearly Departed (Gone With the Respiration #1) by Lia Habel

Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Fated (Souls Seekers #1) by Alyson Noel

Wow, I am totally sucking on reviews... I will try to remedy that.







YA Festival, hosted by Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book shop at a senior center whose name I cannot remember (NO RECAP *yet*)

Also, hopefully you all know that I have been deemed the designated blogger for the Fierce Reads tour stop at Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book Shop. If you're even a couple hours away (which I am), you should stop by. It's going to be an awesome group of authors and you get to see me!


When I first started the month, I thought this choice was going to be easy. But it's not. So I've split it into two categories because I just can't decide.

Paranormal Book of the Month



I have been waiting for this book for god knows how long, and it was as amazing as I'd hoped it'd be!

Contemporary Book of the Month



As much as I hate zombies, this book surprised me with how much I loved it. I really need to buy a copy for my shelf.




I really don't like pink, but I love steampunk attire and I wanted to give this book some credit where credit is due. It was a close second to paranormal book of the month, along with Once.

How was your guys' month? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. yay on getting blurbed! that's awesome. and even more awesome that you are going to ucsb. i had friends who went there and it is indeed a beautiful place to got to school. i will be jealous of your proximity to the beach. :) hope to see you around soon!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.