Saturday, June 30, 2012

Forbidden Friday (5) ~ In My Mailbox (43) + My Poison Pile (7)


So here's the deal with this "new meme": I wanted to make an easy title for when I do IMM and my meme My Poison Pile. So I came up with the name of Forbidden Friday, and of course I made up a button (above)! I am not saying the In My Mailbox meme is my own, as it belongs to Kristi of The Story Siren. I have simply put hers and mine together in one post and gave it a general name.

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.




NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.

WARNING: I was extremely tired when I did this video, so excuse my slight nuttiness.


BOOKS MENTIONED



My Poison Pile is a meme created here at The Reader's Antidote, which features the next four books that I'm going to read next and a little about why I'm reading them.


Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi: So excited to read this!!!! I also got it signed at ALA, so it's been at my bedside since I got it. No, that's not weird...

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer: Another one I'm super excited to read!! It's also signed and therefore has also been at my bedside.

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare: I pushed this back behind Unravel Me and Scarlet because honestly I'm more excited to read those two than this one.

Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters #1) by Jessica Shirvington: I recently got the second book and I've been wanting to read this for a while. Now, I'll have the chance!

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Your ALA pile is OFF THE CHARTS! I'm expecting you to send these to me when you're done with them :P You won't be needing any books AT ALL until January LOL!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so many good books i want here! Im especially jealous of Scarlett!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got Scarlet and Unravel Me, and I agree those two made the whole conference worthwhile. I missed out on some of the ARCs you got since I was stuck in sessions half the time. I will have to look out for some of those once they are published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got A TON of books this week! Hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my IMM: http://gobsandgobsofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ~Shelby @ Gobs and Gobs of Books

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.