Friday, June 8, 2012

Forbidden Friday (3) ~ In My Mailbox (41) + My Poison Pile (5)


So here's the deal with this "new meme": I wanted to make an easy title for when I do IMM and my meme My Poison Pile. So I came up with the name of Forbidden Friday, and of course I made up a button (above)! I am not saying the In My Mailbox meme is my own, as it belongs to Kristi of The Story Siren. I have simply put hers and mine together in one post and gave it a general name.

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


WON


PUBLISHED: June 26th

Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is.

After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose affect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.

Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?

BOUGHT








TO GIVEAWAY

Six Fierce Reads Books and swag!

FOR REVIEW


PUBLISHED September 25th

Can the living coexist with the living dead?

That's the question that has New Victorian society fiercely divided ever since the mysterious plague known as "The Laz" hit the city of New London and turned thousands into walking corpses. But while some of these zombies are mindless monsters, hungry for human flesh, others can still think, speak, reason, and control their ravenous new appetites.

Just ask Nora Dearly, the young lady of means who was nearly kidnapped by a band of sinister zombies but valiantly rescued by a dashing young man . . . of the dead variety.

Nora and her savior, the young zombie soldier Bram Griswold, fell hopelessly in love. But others feel only fear and loathing for the reanimated dead. Now, as tensions grow between pro- and anti-zombie factions, battle lines are being drawn in the streets. And though Bram is no longer in the New Victorian army, he and his ex-commando zombie comrades are determined to help keep the peace. That means taking a dangerous stand between The Changed, a radical group of sentient zombies fighting for survival, and The Murder, a masked squad of urban guerrillas hellbent on destroying the living dead. But zombies aren't the only ones in danger: Their living allies are also in The Murder's crosshairs, and for one vengeful zealot, Nora Dearly is the number one target.

As paranoia, prejudice, and terrorist attacks threaten to plunge the city into full-scale war, Nora's scientist father and his team continue their desperate race to unlock the secrets of "The Laz" and find a cure. But their efforts may be doomed when a mysterious zombie appears bearing an entirely new strain of the virus-and the nation of New Victoria braces for a new wave of the apocalypse.

Lia Habel's spellbinding, suspenseful sequel to Dearly, Departed takes her imaginative mash-up of period romance, futuristic thriller, and zombie drama to a whole new level of innovative and irresistible storytelling.


PUBLISHED October 8th

Braden came to Belle Dam in search of answers. Answers to his past, to the incredible power he was born with, and the threats destined to come for him. What he found was a supernatural feud between the Lansings and the Thorpes: a feud divided by blood, ruled through manipulation, and fought with magic. His arrival has caused the tide to turn in Belle Dam, and now the things in the darkness have begun to stir.

Trapped between his power and his desires, Braden struggles with the legacy he's inherited. The witch eyes give him access to incredible power, but they've ravaged his body for nearly the last time. As a series of girls are stolen, snatched away in dead of night, Braden realizes that once more there are demons maneuvering in the dark. Friendships are tested, and old alliances threatened, as Braden unravels the history behind the city's darkest secrets, and the demons bound to its core.

 MY POISON PILE


Books mentioned in the video





6 comments:

  1. You got awesome books! I absolutely LOVED Shadow and Bone! I have Dearly, Beloved for review as well. Can't wait to dig into it! :)

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bunch of books this week. Seriously, Dearly Beloved is going to be amazing!I heard Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children is good also. Have fun reading.

    Kandee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many books that I need to get my hands on! New follower :) Enjoy all the books you got this week; check out what's IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sure all of those are on my TBR. :) Awesome haul!

    New follower
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower.
    Your blog is soo cool! I love the theme you have going.
    You are soooo lucky you get to go to ALA!! My roommate is going and I really want to go but I'm moving the following Monday so I can't ....But hopefully next year. You're going to have so much fun!
    Have a great week :)
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great books this week! I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and wasn't crazy about it, but the pictures add a serious creepiness factor! Hope you enjoy!


    Care to check out my IMM/Stacking the Shelves?
    Have a great week!
    -Danie

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.