Sunday, June 24, 2012

ALA Madness Day 1-2 + Cover/Title Poison: Destroy Me, Boundless & Sequel to The Immortal Rules

First off, I wish I had pictures for you all. I think I'll spend some time taking pictures today as things start to wind down. I'm hoping people have had their fill of ALA (god knows I've come close) and will decide not to come. Actually, most of the people I know that were there Friday and Saturday won't be there today, so while I will miss them dearly, I'm hoping others have the same idea.

To put into perspective the craziness of ALA: think of a store full of fashion-obsessed shopaholics where nearly everything is free. Except instead of clothes it's with books, and instead of fashionistas it's reading addicts. Luckily, no one has gotten bitten, but elbows and the edges of books sometimes end up finding the soft spots in your body. Also, my shoulders are KILLING me. I had three tote bags completely filled with ARC's by the time I left. That's a lot of weight to lug around all day. I was so worn down, I was literally dragging the biggest bag to my car. I know, it sounds like a lot of effort for books. But honestly, it was totally worth it. I'm thinking of bringing a backpack for the last day and just one tote bag. It's definitely been a learning experience. I will be writing up not only a sort of recap of the whole event, but also tips from me, an amateur ALA-er. More on ALA when it's all over.

Meanwhile, I've found some beautiful covers and new titles to keep you sated while I prepare:



PUBLISHED: October 2nd

Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putting a bullet in his shoulder. But as she’ll learn in Destroy Me, Warner is not that easy to get rid of. . .

Back at the base and recovering from his near-fatal wound, Warner must do everything in his power to keep his soldiers in check and suppress any mention of a rebellion in the sector. Still as obsessed with Juliette as ever, his first priority is to find her, bring her back, and dispose of Adam and Kenji, the two traitors who helped her escape. But when Warner’s father, The Supreme Commander of The Reestablishment, arrives to correct his son’s mistakes, it’s clear that he has much different plans for Juliette. Plans Warner simply cannot allow.

Set after Shatter Me and before its forthcoming sequel, Unravel Me, Destroy Me is a novella told from the perspective of Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

My thoughts: As I've said before, if I had seen these new covers as the first covers, I think I would love them. But that first cover with Juliette is so breathtaking, I just can't quite accept these yet. But I cannot wait to read it!















 PUBLISHED: January 22nd

NO SYNOPSIS













My thoughts: I just love all of these Unearthly covers! And if you read my interview with Cynthia, you know that there is going to be a fourth book in the Unearthly series!! I actually kind of guessed the pink/red color of this one, but I can't be sure what the next color will be... Maybe a dark green? That might look pretty!


PUBLISHED: May 2013

My thoughts: It definitely goes with the original title, but I'm kind of freaking out about what it means and how it could affect the series. SO EXCITED! Can't wait to see what this cover looks like.

What do you guys think of these covers and the new title? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.