Saturday, May 12, 2012

In My Mailbox (38) + My Poison Pile (2)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.
NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.
BOUGHT
~16gb iPad 2: As I mentioned before, I got this for a pretty cheap price and there's only very light scuffing on the back, but a case has been on it the whole time so I'm pretty happy with what I got. I've actually been watching Once Upon a Time on the ABC app, which has been amazing. It's so awesome and I LOVE IT!!!!


Doesn't my blog look pretty on it? Just so awesome! :)


~Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1) by Wendy Higgins: I bought this because I had some extra cash laying around and I just needed to buy a book at a book store. And I actually really want to read this soon because it sounds super interesting. And the guy is hot... Yeah. I will be reviewing this one.

FOR REVIEW


~Glitch (Glitch #1) by Heather Anastasiu: A special thanks to St. Martin's Griffin and Netgalley!
RELEASE DATE: August 7th
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network. When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers. As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse. In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.


~Unbreak My Heart by Melissa C. Walker: A special thanks to Bloomsbury and Netgalley!

RELEASE DATE: May 22

Sophomore year broke Clementine Williams’ heart. She fell for her best friend’s boyfriend and long story short: he’s excused, but Clem is vilified and she heads into summer with zero social life. Enter her parents’ plan to spend the summer on their sailboat. Normally the idea of being stuck on a tiny boat with her parents and little sister would make Clem break out in hives, but floating away sounds pretty good right now. Then she meets James at one of their first stops along the river. He and his dad are sailing for the summer and he’s just the distraction Clem needs. Can he break down Clem’s walls and heal her broken heart? Told in alternating chapters that chronicle the year that broke Clem’s heart and the summer that healed it, Unbreak My Heart is a wonderful dual love story that fans of Sarah Dessen, Deb Caletti, and Susane Colasanti will flock to.
 ~Flock (Stork #3) by Wendy Delsol: A special thanks to Candlewick and Netgalley!

RELEASE DATE: September 11

Having barely survived an eleventh grade of adventures rivaling any mythological tale, human Stork Katla Leblanc is hoping for an ordinary senior year. But when two Icelandic exchange students turn up at Norse Falls High, an uneventful school year seems out of the question.

Although tricked into the initial deal, Katla is constrained by a celestial bargain that puts everyone—including her boyfriend, Jack, and best friend, Penny—at risk. She’ll have to use her wits, her wit, her soul-delivering powers, and a few out-of-this-world colleagues to fend off a disaster of epic proportions.
 That's all I got this week guys? What did you get in your mailbox? Let me know in the comments!

My Poison Pile:

 
~Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers: I have been dying to read this one, and I'm so happy that I was able to get it signed by the author. And you can't deny how awesome the words "assassin" and "nun" sound together. Just sayin'.

~Of Poseidon by Anna Banks: I've been wanting to read this one for a long time but other books have taken priority. Now I'm going to a signing with her and the two authors below this one (among a few others) and so I definitely need to read it now.

~Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy #1) by Leigh Bardugo: Ugh this seriously looks so good! I wish I had been able to get to it sooner, but just like with everything else, other books have been taking priority. Now I get to see how awesome this one is!

~Struck (Struck #1) by Jennifer Bosworth: It sounds weird, but this looks so interesting. Jay Asher talked at the last signing about how he always wanted to write a book about getting struck by lightning but could never do it right. Luckily someone did it, and he said it was better than he could ever do. Definitely excited to read this one.

Now this order is going to change because I have two books from Around the World ARC Tours that are either on their way or about to be shipped (This Is Not a Test and Arise), but if they didn't show up, this is what the schedule would look like.

What's next on your reading list? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh! Glitch! I'm seeing that everyone lately. Can't wait for August!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great haul! All of your ARCs look really good too! I've heard of all of them besides Flock, so I'm going to check that out. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    Emily@<a href=" //www.emilyscrammedbookshelf.blogspot.com/>Emily's Crammed Bookshelf</a>

    ReplyDelete
  3. shadow and bone has an awesome cover!!

    My post is here:
    Sunday Shout Out

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.