Friday, May 18, 2012

Forbidden Friday (1) ~ AKA In My Mailbox (39) + My Poison Pile (3)


So here's the deal with this "new meme": I wanted to make an easy title for when I do IMM and my meme My Poison Pile. So I came up with the name of Forbidden Friday, and of course I made up a button (above)! I am not saying the In My Mailbox meme is my own, as it belongs to Kristi of The Story Siren. I have simply put hers and mine together in one post and gave it a general name.

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published. This is also my first video IMM! :) Let me know what you guys think of the video. It's really rough and I didn't edit it at all, but hopefully you get the gist of the books!

 
GIFTED


ARC TOUR


BOUGHT


BLOGGERS MENTIONED

FOR REVIEW


~Ashen Winter (Ashfall #2) by Mike Mullin: A special thanks to Tanglewood and Netgalley!

RELEASE DATE: October 14

It’s been over six months since the eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano. Alex and Darla have been staying with Alex’s relatives, trying to cope with the new reality of the primitive world so vividly portrayed in Ashfall, the first book in this series. It’s also been six months of waiting for Alex’s parents to return from Iowa. Alex and Darla decide they can wait no longer and must retrace their journey into Iowa to find and bring back Alex’s parents to the tenuous safety of Illinois. But the landscape they cross is even more perilous than before, with life-and-death battles for food and power between the remaining communities. When the unthinkable happens, Alex must find new reserves of strength and determination to survive.


 ~Foxfire (Other #3) by Karen Kincy: A special thanks to Flux Books and Netgalley!

RELEASE DATE: October 8

One winter long ago, Tavian Kimura watched his mother--a kitsune, or Japanese fox-spirit--leave him in the snow for the dogs. But that’s a memory buried beneath eleven years, and he has lived most of his life in America with his adoptive family and his girlfriend, Gwen.

Now he’s back. All it took was an invitation to spend New Year’s with his grandparents, and Tavian finds himself in Tokyo with Gwen by his side. It should be a time of celebration, but it becomes a time of nightmares. A faceless ghost haunts Tavian, warning him that “she” is coming. A gang of inugami--fiercely loyal dog-spirits--wants him dead. Why? The inugami believe he strongly resembles one of their most hated enemies, a kitsune named Yukimi.

Is Yukimi the mother who abandoned him? Tavian never knew her true name. He doesn’t even know his own true name, the key to a kitsune’s magic. And soon his untrained magic threatens to kill him, straining his half-human body. Tavian realizes that finding his mother might be the only way to find answers, before it’s too late.

What did you guys get in your mailbox? Let me know in the comments!

 And now, My Poison Pile!


I just finished reading Grave Mercy, which I loved! And I've only read the first chapter of Arise.


~Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy #1) by Leigh Bardugo: I'm so excited to read this one. I've only heard really good things, and I'll be meeting the author early in June!

~Of Poseidon by Anna Banks: I've been wanting to read this one for a long time but other books have taken priority. Now I'm going to a signing with her and the two authors below this one (among a few others) and so I definitely need to read it now.

~Struck (Struck #1) by Jennifer Bosworth: It sounds weird, but this looks so interesting. Jay Asher talked at the last signing about how he always wanted to write a book about getting struck by lightning but could never do it right. Luckily someone did it, and he said it was better than he could ever do. Definitely excited to read this one.

~Monument 14 (Monument 14 #1) by Emmy Laybourne: I'm not sure about this one. It sounds really good but hasn't gotten the best feedback. But I'm reading it now because I'll be meeting the author in June along with the other three authors above.

What do you guys think of these? Have you read any of them? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Omg The Lost Code is sooo good. I got an arc and loved it! And I have my fingers crossed for an arc of This is not a Test haha :p

    Great haul!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. City of Lost Souls is such a good book. I am currently reading it and loving it XD I hope you are also enjoying it. How do you find it.
    Happy Reading XD

    ~Monster of Books~

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.