Saturday, May 5, 2012

April Wrap-Up Post


Well compared to last month, nothing too crazy has happened here on the blog. I mostly finished all the personalized buttons that I wanted now that the photo editing tool I used for everything is no longer there. Luckily, I made up every possible button I could think of that I might use now ir if not now in the future, and so I think I'm set for a LONG time.

Some not so good things that have happened lately is that I bruised the top of my shin bone playing soccer (really not that bad, it's not even the worst soccer injury I've ever had) and my boyfriend broke his arm a day later. Yeah, not so awesome. I'd say the only upside to him breaking his arm is how cute he is when he's all looped up on the pain meds. He doesn't have to have surgery, which is really good, but it was his right arm that he broke, and he's right-handed so it's been a challenge for him. Hopefully he'll get better soon and that this won't affect his schoolwork for the rest of the semester.

A couple new developments that are good for me is that I think I've started sort of poking my head into the already-published YA author world. I've been hanging with Anna Carey (author of Eve) a little lately. She is so sweet and actually talks to me like we know each other, which is seriously awesome! I also think Cynthia Hand and I may get together soon (depending on when she gets her editing letter for the third Unearthly book) and chat for funsies. She is amazing as well, I'm so lucky I got to do that interview with her. I'm also kind of buds with Tahereh Mafi, although she lives a little farther from me, and I'm hoping that I'm going to get an interview with Josphine Angelini if not this weekend after the festival then at a date and time we'll hopefully set at the signing. She's a difficult woman to get ahold of!

Last couple things: I've just made my life easier recently by purchasing a small planner (featured in my last IMM) which I have already put dates in for things like blog posts and signings. I like using my phone for blog tour post dates because it'll alert me a day before. But I also like being able to see my writing and not have to click on the actual date to see all the info. I also just bought a 32gb iPad 2 on eBay and I'm so excited to get started on this. I actually got it for really cheap and the seller has good ratings and the product looks pristine. He must not have known what he had. I think I'm going to try making IMM videos from now on. I've tried making video IMM's before with just my hand-held camera (my laptop is kind of old and so it doesn't have a camera built in) and it totally failed. But I think I can get those out to you now! Anyway, onto the actual blog goings-on of the last month:


REVIEWED


By the Sword by Sara Flower [blog tour w/ interview]









READ

The Shapeshifter's Secret by Heather Ostler

The Kiss Off by Sarah Billington



Los Angeles Times Festival of Books at the USC Campus w/ too many authors to name [recap coming soon]

The YA or Bust Event at Books of Wonder w/ Stephanie Perkins, Marie Lu, Gayle Forman, and Nina Lacour [recap coming soon]

I decided not to post up how I'm doing on my reading challenges (just go to the reading challenges page), but I've had so many blog tours to do that I've been getting a lot of review copies done with but not much else. I'm going to try not to sign up for so many blog tours as I need to budget my time better.

How was your guys' month? Did you make it to any of these tour stops? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.