Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Into the Future Event at Vroman's



Tonight I had the greatest pleasure of attending this Spring Into the Future event with Veronica Rossi, Tahereh Mafi, Marie Lu (special guest), Cynthia Hand, & Anna Carey!

The panel:


The only author I hadn't met yet out of these lovely ladies is Veronica Rossi, and she was so great! This is one of the best panels I've ever been to. Tahereh was just as hilarious and precious as always, Marie Lu was cute as a button, Cynthia Hand was the odd man out book-wise (not having written a dystopian and all) but she had great chemistry with the rest, and Anna Carey was a riot.


Not only that, but Lissa Price (author of Starters) paid a visit, as well as the awesome Lauren Kate (author of Fallen)!!! It was such a wonderful surprise to see them. I also got to say hello to a few amazing fellow bloggers, so it was great seeing them again, as well as the awesome Ava and Stacey!

The only problem (not really a "problem" per say, but an inconvenience) is that I already had everyone's books signed except for Cynthia. I actually had 3 books for her (hardcover of Hallowed for me, the ARC of Hallowed for whoever wins the Month of the Fallen Angels giveaway, and a paperback of Unearthly, which will be given away in my blogoversary celebration!).

Here's some of the swag I got:


 Lissa Price gave me on of her bookmarks while we were talking. I also got signed bookmarks from Veronica Rossi, Tahereh Mafi (LOVE that quote), and Cynthia Hand.


I was so happy to Cynthia Hand again. Hopefully she and I can get together again soon.


This is the signature on the ARC for the Month of the Fallen Angels giveaway, which just ended (yes, I will be picking winners soon!)

I also mentioned to Anna that I had been trying to get my hands on an ARC of Once. Apparently, she had one on-hand that she felt weird about raffling randomly, so she gave it to me and signed it!! Thanks so much Anna, I can't wait to read this!!!! :)


After the event, Cynthia had to catch a plane to Chicago (she's doing a panel at the RT Convention tomorrow morning) and Marie Lu's boyfriend was at home making her dinner. And then there were three. But like I said, Lissa Price was there, and Lauren Kate was off at dinner, waiting for us to finish. Then we all went to dinner at this delicious Thai place and talked and laughed. It was one of the best events (and after-events) that I've ever been to. I can't wait to see all of these lovely ladies again soon.

Are any of you guys going to these Spring Into the Future events? If you're on the fence, it's so worth the drive/time/gas/money/whatever to be there. These guys were hilarious and super sweet!

4 comments:

  1. sad i couldn't make this one but it sounds like a ton of fun. lucky that you got an arc of once, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummed that I couldn't make it! So glad you enjoyed the night though. :) Hope to see you sometime at future event(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah ! I'm going to a tour stop today. So cool that she gave you the ARC. Was it crowded ? I can't believe they put that sign ON the table, it distracts from the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually right in front but it was very distracting... I may crop that out now haha

      Delete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.