Saturday, April 28, 2012

In My Mailbox (36)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


BOUGHT


~Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman: I bought this at Children's Book World for the signing (the recap is in progress as we speak) and got it signed, along with my paperback copy of If I Stay. I'm actually pretty excited to read this. I will be reviewing this one.


~The Name of the Star (Shades of London #1) by Maureen Johnson: I feel so bad; I've only read one book by her and it was a compilation with Lauren Myracle and John Green. And I've heard mixed reviews of this book, but I knew I'd end up getting it eventually, so why not buy it where I can get it signed! My recap of the LA Times Festival of Books (where I met Maureen) is also on its way. I will be reviewing this one.

WON

~Bitterblue (Graceling Realm #3) by Kristin Cashore: I actually ended up winning this from by besty, Anna at Literary Exploration. And I'm really glad I don't have to spend money on this, because she didn't like it, and this coming from someone who liked Graceling, while I did not. Oh well, I'll get to it eventually! I will be reviewing this one.

FOR REVIEW

~Fated (The Soul Seekers #1) by Alyson Noel: If you didn't know before, Noel's Immortals series kind of started going down the drain for me slowly because there were just so many books and I began to lose interest. Luckily, I believe this series only has four books and I really love the premise. I received this for a blog tour so I'm really excited to be a part of that!

RELEASE DATE: May 22

The first book in a magnificent new series about a girl who can navigate between the worlds of the living and the dead by #1 New York Times bestselling author Alyson Noël.

Lately strange things have been happening to Daire Santos. Animals follow her, crows mock her, and glowing people appear out of nowhere. Worried that Daire is having a nervous breakdown, her mother packs her off to stay in the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico with a grandmother she’s never met.

There she crosses paths with Dace, a gorgeous guy with unearthly blue eyes who she’s encountered before...but only in her dreams. And she’ll get to know her grandmother—a woman who recognizes Daire’s bizarre episodes for what they are. A call to her true destiny as a Soul Seeker, one who can navigate between the worlds of the living and the dead. Her grandmother immediately begins teaching her to harness her powers—but it’s an art that must be mastered quickly. Because Dace’s brother is an evil shape-shifter who’s out to steal her powers. Now Daire must embrace her fate as a Soul Seeker and find out if Dace is one guy she’s meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she’s destined to destroy.


~Endure (Need #4) by Carrie Jones: I'm not as sad to see this series go as much as I thought I would. I love all the characters, but Jones' writing is really annoying to me. I can't wait to see what happens though!

RELEASE DATE: May 8

It’s all-out war (and no-holds-barred romance) in the climactic conclusion to Carrie Jones’s bestselling series.

Zara is at the center of an impending apocalypse. True, she’s successfully rescued Nick from Valhalla, but it simply isn’t enough. Evil pixies are ravaging Bedford, and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army. Zara isn’t sure what her role is anymore. She’s not just fighting for her friends; she’s also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can’t even reconcile her growing feelings for her pixie king . . .

Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make Endure a thrilling end to this series of bestsellers.



~Tempest Unleashed (Tempest #2) by Tracey Deebs: I still have to read the first one in the series, but I love these covers and I've been interested by these books for some time. I love reading good mermaid books, so hopefully this is a good series to get into.

RELEASE DATE: June 5

Tempest Maguire is happy with her decision to embrace her mermaid nature and live among her mother’s clan within the ocean’s depths. Even though training to one day ascend the throne for the aging mermaid queen is rigorous, she finds refuge in the arms of Kona, the selkie who first opened her up to her mermaid side. But when word comes that one of her brothers has been gravely injured on land, Tempest immediately rushes to his side—which also brings her back to her old flame, Mark. And in her absence, a deadly battle begins raging at the hands of Tempest’s old nemesis, the sea witch Tiamat. As the dangerous war erupts, Tempest’s two loves—Kona and Mark, sea and land—will collide for the first time, both to protect her and to force her to choose.


~Transcendence by C.J. Omolulo: I really love the premise of this one. There are so many awesome books coming out this year, I can't wait!

RELEASE DATE: June 5

Love isn’t the only emotion to survive death . . .

When a visit to the Tower of London triggers an overwhelmingly real vision of a beheading that occurred centuries before, Cole Ryan fears she is losing her mind. A mysterious boy, Griffon Hall, comes to her aid, but the intensity of their immediate connection seems to open the floodgate of memories even wider.

As their feelings grow, Griffon reveals their common bond as members of the Akhet—an elite group of people who can remember past lives and use their collected wisdom for the good of the world. But not all Akhet are altruistic, and a rogue is after Cole to avenge their shared past. Now in extreme danger, Cole must piece together clues from many lifetimes. What she finds could ruin her chance at a future with Griffon, but risking his love may be the only way to save them both.

Full of danger, romance, and intrigue, Transcendence breathes new life into a perpetually fascinating question: What would you do with another life to live?
 
 That's all I got in my mailbox this week? What did you all get? Let me know in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. Wow you've got an awesome haul this week :) I can't wait to read your review of the temptest series X)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books this week!! The Tempest Series with the mermaids looks really interesting!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-42-e-book-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, awesome books you got there :D
    Happy reading!

    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many books this week and 2 signed ones - great stuff :)

    I was not a big fan of Alyson Noels Immortals series - by book 3 I was procrastinating read it so much that I decided not to keep going after that.

    My IMM for the week:
    http://www.teadaydreamsandfairytales.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-5/

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome book haul! Fated sounds really, really good. Tempest Unleashed also sounds really great! Endure's cover is lush :) Enjoy your books & Stop By My IMM Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome haul, it makes me so jealous!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My IMM
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice signed books. New follower http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/imm-and-mm_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice selection of book I've been hearing a lot about Bitterblue, to see what I got imy mailbox click on my name. Happy reading and enjoy the rest of your sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such an awesome haul this week! I loved The Name of the Star, and I'm sure you will too. Can't wait to see your review of Fated!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited for Bitterblue!

    Check out what I got in Books and Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so so jealous! You got Where She Went and it's signed?!! Awesome! I've also been looking out for Fated and Bitterblue! Fantastic haul, and you have a follower as well. :)

    Check mine out?
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books!! I'm looking forward to reading Bitterblue but I am a little skeptical. I LOVED Graceling but I didn't like Fire much at all.. mostly because I loved all the characters in Graceling and then almost none of them were in Fire. I knew that going into it but I was still hoping I'd enjoy it. I know Bitterblue will be kind of similar (taking a small character from Graceling and expanding on her story), but hopefully I at least like it better than Fire.

    I am interested in Fated but I'm not completely sure that I'll like it based on the plot summary. It sounds like it could be interesting but I'm not sure. I look forward to seeing what you have to say about it!

    Here's my IMM.

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.