Friday, April 13, 2012

In My Mailbox (34)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


I actually had a pretty great week in books. I'm creating this post on Tuesday night actually because if I don't get many more books after Tuesday, then I want  to have an okay week in books next week.


 FOR REVIEW

~Shine (Shade #3) by Jeri Smith-Ready: This is one of the most exciting things I've ever gotten in the mail! I did a weird, awkward happy dance, but no one was around, and even if there was someone there, I couldn't have cared less! I have been dying for this. Apparently I filled out some form on Jeri's blog and Simon and Schuster graciously sent me a paperback copy (not ARC) of this awesome book. I've already been hearing wonderful things, especially about page 260... Actually, I won a signed hardcover of this one late last year, so when I get my signed copy, I'll be adding this to the pile of Blogoversary goodies (oh my god guys it is getting so awesome, I'm truly jealous of whoever wins it!). I will absolutely be reviewing this one.

RELEASE DATE: May 1st

In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.

As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.

 
ARC TOUR

~Dreamless (Starcrossed #2) by Josephine Angelini: I kind of wish I had gotten this a week later to get it signed by the author for the owner... oh well!

RELEASE DATE: May 29th

As the only Scion that can enter Hades at will, Helen descends to the Underworld in search of a way to overcome the Furies and end the cycle of revenge that has cursed the Scions. But she’s running out of time. Each descent weakens her both in mind and spirit. A mysterious stranger might be her only salvation, but the price may be her love for Lucas Delos.

As an unforgettable love triangle emerges, Josephine Angelini’s compelling saga becomes ever more intricate and spellbinding. The eagerly awaited sequel to the internationally bestselling Starcrossed, Dreamless delivers with a huge emotional impact that will leave readers satisfied—and longing for more.


~The Last Echo (The Body Finder #3) by Kimberly Derting: I definitely enjoy this series. For some reason I thought this was the last book in the series, but there's an untitled fourth one coming out next year.

RELEASE DATE: April 17th

In the end, all that's left is an echo...
Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet's talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it's Violet's job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by "the girlfriend collector" she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye...



BOUGHT

~Grace Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers: This is a really hefty book! I already have an e-ARC, but she's going to be at the LA Times Festival of Books this month, so I'm going to get it signed there. I doubt I will read it before I meet her, but it sounds amazing!

~Starters (Starters #1) by Lissa Price: Another e-ARC that I have, another author at the LA Times Festival of Books! I wanted to go to a signing of hers at Vroman's, but I couldn't make it, so I'm really excited that I still get to meet her. I actually got to meet her last night, but I did not get my book signed.


~Hallowed (Unearthly #2) by Cynthia Hand: I've already read this one (thanks to Anna for donating her ARC for my reading and the Month of Fallen Angels giveaway), but I realized that I wanted a pretty finished copy to put next to my finished copy of Unearthly. I feel really bad because I only got books signed from Cynthia Hand. I have signed books from all the other authors already, but still, I feel bad.

~Embrace (The Violet Eden Chapters #1) by Jessica Shirvington: I've been scrambling to get my hands on a copy of this, and finally just decided to buy one! I'm hoping it'll live up to the hype. It's also awesome that if I'm really dying to see what happens next, the rest of the series is already out in the UK (Australia, I believe).

~Brave New Love: 15 Tales of Dystopian Desire, edited by Paula Guran: I bought this with a 15% off coupon at Barnes & Noble because I've been needing a trip to a bookstore. Of course, I love dystopians, so hopefully this will be awesomesauce!!

Did you guys enjoy my awesome week?? I know I did! What did you all get in your mailbox? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I just want to touch all of your books. That isn't creepy is it? :P

    Jenny at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty great week? It's not pretty it's amazing! What a lot of books. I am a little bit jealous! They all are looking fantastic. Hope you would enjoy all of them :D

    Mariska (new follower)
    IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week! The Last Echo was amazing. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shine! Dreamless! So jealous... Happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.