Monday, April 9, 2012

Blog Tour: Review of The Hunted by Kristy Berridge


Goodreads rating: 4.33
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 584 pages
Published April 30th 2011 by Sid Harta Publishers

Elena Manory is by no means an ordinary teenage girl. Being born with the ability to heal herself from any injury, and with the knowledge that on her eighteenth birthday she will become a Vampire, Elena is aware that she is more than a little different from other girls her age.
It isn’t until she meets William Granville, an alluring and impossibly handsome vampire, that she begins to question her destiny and what secrets the Institute of Magical Intervention and her adopted family have withheld—secrets that could change the fates of not only her own life, but the lives of all the immortals.
As events spiral out of control, William may be the only person Elena can place her trust in. He, and Elena’s magical family, must fight to save her, joining forces to defeat a common, deadly foe. For William, it is his chance to save the girl that he has searched eternity to find.


The hunted was a pleasant surprise, filled with vampires, werewolves, magic-wielding humans and a romance that I couldn't get enough of. The hunted is definitely worth a read.

From the first chapter I knew I would enjoy this book. It takes place in Cairns, Australia (pronounced like cans), and I had just visited there last summer. It is absolutely breath-taking. The food could have been better but that's not the point; while this book took place in Australia, I could still relate. I also enjoyed the random australian phrases compared to American ones that were like them. That's what made this book really unique for me.

I loved the main character, Elena. She is snarky beyond belief and does not like authority. She also doesn't fall head-over-heels in love with William, our sexy vampire love interest. He's a four-hundred-year-old vampire, and it bothered me a little that he fell in love so quickly with Elena. Is it because of her special blood (btw there were some Twilight references, but they weren't close enough to bother me)? There's definitely something supernatural at work there, I think. Her blood means a lot to some people, though no one has any idea of what she'll be capable of when she's at the age where she is supposed to turn into a full vampire (she's mostly human now). Still, I enjoyed the beginnings of their romance, though she is obviously not as invested as he is.

I know, as a general rule I stay away from vampire novels, but this one really piqued my interest and I'm so glad I decided to be part of this tour. Because it's not just about vampires and werewolves. There's a whole operation that takes care of these supernatural things and I love when that happens in books. It shows that there are bigger things than just the characters minor relationship problems. My only other complaint with this one is that there were a couple really slow parts in the IMI that could have been shortened. I found myself skipping some paragraphs in that section.

All in all, this was a very enjoyable read. I will definitely be continuing the series and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.