Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Poison: Book & Cover of the Month

This is my first time doing this kind of post, so hopefully it'll go well!

About April: It seems like I haven't been reading a lot and I was looking through my books I read this month, and I realized a lot were Indie books for blog tours. So this month may be a little unfair, but I think I made great choices. These two choices are actually pretty close and were actually a couple of my most highly anticipated reads for this whole year. Anyway, here we go (PS: This means the unveiling of a couple new buttons!):




My thoughts: Now this book doesn't come out until the very end of May, but I was part of an ARC tour so I got to read it early, and I loved the cover. And I know that that isn't even the final cover, and it'll probably be really shiny like the first one was. Not only is this cover amazing, but this sequel was so much better than Starcrossed. Josie even agreed with me that she liked Dreamless more than Starcrossed. It's from the source people!




My thoughts: This was such an amazing ending to this series! I couldn't stop reading it (I even read it during my World Lit class behind my backpack) and it was non-stop action from the very first line of the book. Now this cover is also really beautiful, so that's why it was so hard to pick between these two. This was my favorite of the series in almost every single way (the only thing it didn't have was the scene in the cabin from Illusions). But I loved this ending. The only thing that made me sad was the letter at the end to Chelsea from David.

What do you guys think? I know neither of these have come out yet (actually Destined just came out today!), but are you excited to read them or have you read them? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.