Friday, March 16, 2012

In My Mailbox (31)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.

So I didn't get any physical books this week, but there were a lot of free YA books on Kindle and I received some books for review through Netgalley. Also, I will likely have some very exciting news regarding a signing event in June so look for info on that soonish!

FOR REVIEW


~Hush, Hush the Graphic Novel by Becca Fitzpatrick: On Facebook, the publisher was offering review copies of this highly anticipated graphic novel, and I couldn't pass it up! This will be my first graphic novel, so I can't wait to share this experience with you guys! A special thanks to Sea Lion Books

PUBLICATION DATE: March 20th

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She''s never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can''t decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life This title also contains an exclusive, original story written especially for this book by the author. This bonus story tells what happens to the characters between Book 1 and Book 2 of this series and will only be available in this book.


~The Hunt (Untitled #1) by Andrew Fukuda: I've been seeing this one around lately so I'm really excited to read it. Although it's annoying that I couldn't download it onto my Kindle. A special thanks to St. Martin's Griffin and Netgalley!

PUBLICATION DATE: May 8th

Don’t Sweat. Don’t Laugh. Don’t draw attention to yourself. And most of all, whatever you do, do not fall in love with one of them.

Gene is different from everyone else around him. He can’t run with lightning speed, sunlight doesn’t hurt him and he doesn’t have an unquenchable lust for blood. Gene is a human, and he knows the rules. Keep the truth a secret. It’s the only way to stay alive in a world of night—a world where humans are considered a delicacy and hunted for their blood.

When he’s chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the last remaining humans, Gene’s carefully constructed life begins to crumble around him. He’s thrust into the path of a girl who makes him feel things he never thought possible—and into a ruthless pack of hunters whose suspicions about his true nature are growing. Now that Gene has finally found something worth fighting for, his need to survive is stronger than ever—but is it worth the cost of his humanity?


~The Hunted by Kristy Berridge: This is for a blog tour in April that I'm doing (yes, I've finally gotten the whole blog tour thing!). A special thanks to Missy @ Missy's Reads & Reviews for hosting the tour and to the author for sending the copy of her novel.

PUBLICATION DATE: April 30th

Elena Manory is by no means an ordinary teenage girl. Being born with the ability to heal herself from any injury, and with the knowledge that on her eighteenth birthday she will become a Vampire, Elena is aware that she is more than a little different from other girls her age. It isn't until she meets William Granville, an alluring and impossibly handsome vampire, that she begins to question her destiny and what secrets the Institute of Magical Intervention and her adopted family have withheld--secrets that could change the fates of not only her own life, but of the lives of all the immortals.
As events spiral out of control, William may be the only person Elena can place her trust in. He, and Elena's magical family, must fight to save her, joining forces to defeat a common, deadly foe. For William, it is his chance to save the girl that he has searched eternity to find.


~Emerald City by Alicia K. Leppert: A special thanks to Cedar Fort and Netgalley!

PUBLICATION DATE: April 10th
One city of 600,000 people.
One broken girl.
One mysterious boy.
One fateful night,
Two worlds collide.  
Seattle, Washington. The sprawling, industrious city set in a blanket of pine. I have never known a day that wasn’t spent inside this concrete jungle. It’s my home, and for that I love it. But it’s also the setting for the tragedy called my life, and so I loathe it.
I live alone in a cold, empty studio apartment. The tiny square room closely resembles a cell. That’s my life: solitary confinement.
Here, in this desolate place that perfectly reflects my soul, my story begins.


~The Shapeshifter's Secret by Heather Ostler: I got this one off of Netgalley but I may be on a blog tour for it. More info on that to come. A special thanks to Cedar Fort and Netgalley!

PUBLICATION DATE: June 12th

Julia is finally discovering what–not who–she is.

Like any sixteen-year-old, Julia's used to dealing with problems. From her overprotective father to her absent mother to a teacher who definitely has it in for her. But everything changes when Julia's reactions become oddly vicious and angry---more animal than human. This action-packed adventure has it all: humor, romance, and a plot that will keep you guessing to the very last page.


~Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi: A special thanks to NLA Digital and Netgalley!


~The Wicked and the Just by J. Anderson Coats: A special thanks to Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Netgalley!

PUBLICATION DATE: April 17th

Cecily’s father has ruined her life. He’s moving them to occupied Wales, where the king needs good strong Englishmen to keep down the vicious Welshmen. At least Cecily will finally be the lady of the house.

Gwenhwyfar knows all about that house. Once she dreamed of being the lady there herself, until the English destroyed the lives of everyone she knows. Now she must wait hand and foot on this bratty English girl.

While Cecily struggles to find her place amongst the snobby English landowners, Gwenhwyfar struggles just to survive. And outside the city walls, tensions are rising ever higher—until finally they must reach the breaking point.


~Innocent Darkness (The Aether Chronicles #1) by Suzanne Lazear: A special thanks to Flux and Netgalley!

PUBLICATION DATE: August 18th

Wish. Love. Desire. Live.

Sixteen-year-old Noli Braddock's hoyden ways land her in an abusive reform school far from home. On mid-summer's eve she wishes to be anyplace but that dreadful school. A mysterious man from the Realm of Faerie rescues her and brings her to the Otherworld, only to reveal that she must be sacrificed, otherwise, the entire Otherworld civilization will perish.

FREE FOR KINDLE

~Betrayal (The Descendants #1) by Mayandree Michel: I have been totally cover-lusting after this book FOREVER so I was so excited to see that it was free for kindle. I may be reviewing this one.


~Earth (Elemental #1) by Shauna Granger: Another awesome cover! Sounds maybe like it's about demons or witches? Should be interesting! I may be reviewing this one.


~Wide Awake (Academy of the Fallen #1) by Danielle Lanzarrota: *sigh* These covers!!! No wonder I buy too many books. Luckily, this was free! I may be reviewing this one.


~Titan Magic by Jodi Lamm: I saw this one on a couple blog tour stops and it has always interested me. Definitely looks like it's worth the read. I may be reviewing this one.


~Amber Eyes (Entwined Souls Trilogy #1) by Jolyn Palliata: I don't know why, but this looked interesting to me for some reason.


~The Changelings (War of the Fae #1) by Elle Casey: The whole fae genre has kind of died off, so I'm hoping to rekindle some of it with this.


~The Witch's Mirror (The Oracle War) by J.P. Hyzer: Another awesome looking cover! Hopefully this will be a decent witch book.




~Enchantment & Taken (Channie #1 & 2) by Charlotte Abel: Just saw these for free recently and they sound pretty great.






What did you guys get in your mailbox? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Great bunch of books. The Hunt does look really good. Enjoy them all!
    You can find my Mailbox here :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.