Thursday, March 8, 2012

In My Mailbox (30)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


 BOUGHT


~Partials (Partials #1) by Dan Wells: I recently finished this one and I was truly surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I'd heard that it doesn't have a lot of romance (and you guys know how much I need my romance), but Wells was able to keep it in the background while still making the story intriguing for me. Definitely worth the read. I also bought a finished copy (I have an e-ARC) because I'm going to a signing of his on Saturday. I'll get this review up as soon as possible.

~Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver: I've said before how disappointed I was in Delirium, so I'm hoping that Pandemonium will be better. I'm reading this one right now. She will be signing with Dan Wells this Saturday (check my Signings tab for that info), and I can't wait to see her again. Hopefully she will remember me from Huntington Beach. I will be reviewing this one.

~The Demon's Covenant (The Demon's Lexicon #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan: I've heard that Brennan is a great author, but to be honest I haven't heard much about the series. Cassandra Clare is blurbed on the front so I'm hoping it's awesome. I have yet to read the first one, but again this series intrigues me and is definitely on my TBR pile. I will be reviewing this one.

~Divergent (Divergent #1) by Veronica Roth: Hopefully you all know about the YA dystopian phenomenon called Divergent. It came out in the middle of last year and I won an ARC AND got it signed by the author. I also made a pact with myself that I would buy this book when it came out in paperback because Roth and KT books deserve the money. Well, I found the special Barnes and Noble edition (with the Faction's pasts) online for just over $5! Yeah like I'm going to say no. I may be giving a recap of the extras, which is like the last 75 or so pages of the book. 

~Cloaked by Alex Flinn: Okay, I have to admit that I was drawn in by the new covers that Harper Teen has given Flinn's famed fairytale retellings. Also, this one sounds really interesting, since she blends more than a couple fairytales into one story. Also, the cover!! I may be reviewing this one.

~Clarity (Clarity #1) by Kim Harrington: I've been hearing some pretty good things about this series, and with all the buzz of Perception (the sequel) coming out, I figured I would buy the first book now that it's out in paperback. I was surprised by the lack of pages though, but I'm kind of glad so that way it'll be a fast read. I will be reviewing this one.

~The Girl in the Steel Corset (Steampunk Chronicles #1) by Kady Cross: If you remember, I got a review copy of the second book in the series, The Girl in the Clockwork Collar, a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting to read this book, so now I have an excuse to get started on a steampunk series. I'm really starting to love historical novels. Hopefully this will be as good as I hope it will. I will be reviewing this one.

WON


~Balthazar by Claudia Gray: I won this from Kody Keplinger's site (author of The DUFF and Shut Out, both of which I have yet to read). I was really excited that I did because, as much as I enjoyed the Evernight series and LOVED Balthazar, hardcovers are really expensive, and Claudia is the third person that will at the signing this Saturday with Dan Wells and Lauren Oliver. Balthazar was definitely one of my favorite characters of the Evernight series and I can't wait to read his story. I will be reviewing this one.

FOR REVIEW


~The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine #3) by Bree Despain: This is the final book in the Dark Divine series, and I'm really excited to see what happens to Grace and Daniel at the end. If you haven't read this series, it's about werewolves and a pastor's daughter falling for one. I will be reviewing this one. This comes out on the 13th of this month, so if you want to start the series and read them all at once, you can find the e-book editions for only $1.99 pretty much everywhere. A special thanks to Egmont and Deb Shapiro.

A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.


The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.


~The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long: A special thanks to Penguin and Netgalley! Super excited to read this one!!

PUBLICATION DATE: August 16th

The trees swallowed her brother whole. And Jenny was there to see it. Years later, when she returns to the woods where Tom was taken to say good-bye at last, she finds herself lured into a world where stunning beauty masks the most treacherous of evils, and strange and dangerous creatures await—creatures who seem to consider her the threat. Among them is Jack, mercurial and magnetic, with allegiances that shift as much as his moods. Determined to find her brother, with or without Jack’s help, Jenny struggles to navigate a faerie world where nothing is what it seems, no one is who they say, and she’s faced with a choice between salvation or sacrifice—and not just her own.


~Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal #2) by Stacey Jay: A special thanks to Delacorte and Netgalley. I've been meaning to read the first one, so this will be a good excuse. 

PUBLICATION DATE: October 9th

All will be revealed for fans who have breathlessly awaited the sizzling sequel to Juliet Immortal. This time Romeo takes center stage and gets one chance, and one chance only, to redeem himself.

Cursed to live out eternity in his rotted corpse, Romeo, known for his ruthless, cutthroat ways, is given the chance to redeem himself by traveling back in time to save the life of Ariel Dragland. Unbeknownst to her, Ariel is important to both the evil Mercenaries and the love-promoting Ambassadors and holds the fate of the world in her hands. Romeo must win her heart and make her believe in love, turning her away from her darker potential before his work is discovered by the Mercenaries. While his seduction begins as yet another lie, it soon becomes his only truth. Romeo vows to protect Ariel from harm, and do whatever it takes to win her heart and soul. But when Ariel is led to believe his love is a deception, she becomes vulnerable to Mercenary manipulation, and her own inner darkness may ultimately rip them apart.


~Hanging by a Thread by Sophie Littlefield: A special thanks to Delacorte and Netgalley. Love this cover!

PUBLICATION DATE: September 11th

Summer is the best part of the year in Winston, California, and the Fourth of July is the highlight of the season. But the perfect town Clare remembers has changed, and everyone is praying that this summer will be different from the last two—that this year's Fourth of July festival won't see one of their own vanish without a trace, leaving no leads and no suspects. The media are in a frenzy predicting a third disappearance, but the town depends on tourist dollars, so the residents of Winston are trying desperately to pretend nothing's wrong.

And they're not the only ones hiding something.

Clare, a seamstress who redesigns vintage clothing, has been blessed—or perhaps cursed—with a gift: she can see people's pasts when she touches their clothes. When she stumbles across a denim jacket that once belonged to Amanda Stavros, last year's Fourth of July victim, Clare sees her perfect town begin to come apart at the seams.

In a town where appearance means everything, how deep beneath the surface will Clare dig to uncover a murderer?
  

~The White Oak (Imperfect Darkness #1) by Kim White: A special thanks to Story Machine Studio and Netgalley.

PUBLICATION DATE: April 9th

In The White Oak, the first book in the Imperfect Darkness series, Cora Alexander falls through a sinkhole and enters the underworld still alive. Her living presence threatens the tyrannical rule of Minos and the infernal judges who have hijacked the afterlife and rebuilt it, trapping human souls in a mechanical, computer-controlled city that lies at the core of the earth. To survive, Cora must rely on her untrustworthy guide, Minotaur, an artificial intelligence built by Minos. She is helped by a mysterious voice, and by Sybil, underworld librarian and author of each person’s book of life. Sybil’s collection holds the key to humankind’s intertwined life stories. When Cora’s own book is destroyed, Sybil gives her a magical golden pen and sends her to the underworld city to write her own destiny. Along the way, Cora finds the ghost of her dead brother, Lucas, a genius programmer who alone is capable of finding the chink in Minos's armor. But will he be able to get Cora out alive, or will they both fall victim to the underworld trap?


 FREE FOR KINDLE


~Glamour (Rae Wilder #1) by Penelope Fletcher: I was really caught by the cover for this one. Also, it sounds really interesting. I may be reviewing this one.


~Glimpse (Zellie Wells #1) by Stacey Wallace Benefiel: Another beautiful cover that pulled me in. Sounds like a promising series. I may be reviewing this one.

What did you guys get in your mailboxes this week? Let me know in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. Great mailbox! I didn't love Delirium either but am still kind of intrigued by Pandemonium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful array of books! I looks like you have some great reading ahead of you :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap! That's a lot of books! And they're all good ones! More than half of those are either on my TBR or on my wishlist. I hope you enjoy every single one(:

    Lisa
    www.turningpages94.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.