Thursday, March 1, 2012

In My Mailbox (29)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.

FOR REVIEW


~Audiobook: Glow (Sky Chasers #1) by Amy Kathleen Ryan: This is a dystopian that I've heard mostly good things about. I'm going to have to read the book first and then listen to the audiobook. That's pretty much how I'm going to do any audiobooks now. I pay more attention when I have to actually read the words. I will be reviewing this book, and then the audiobook once I've listened to it.

 
~Audiobook: Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer: I've already started to listen to this (I'm on the third CD now) and it's really great. It actually helps you visualize it all when you're not the one doing the reading. I'm thrilled that I was able to get an audiobook of this novel. Oh, and I got it signed by Marissa Meyer! I'll be reviewing this audiobook once I'm finished.

~Audiobook: Enclave (Razorland #1) by Anne Aguirre: Another dystopian, another book I need to read before I listen to the audio. But I love the cover for this one, and it sounds amazing. I've been wanting to read it, and now I have a good reason. I will be reviewing this book, and then the audiobook once I've listened to it.


~The Academie by Susanne Dunlap: A special thanks to Bloomsbury and Netgalley. This was just recently released, and it looks really good. I don't believe I've read any of her books, so this should be interesting. I will be reviewing this one.


~Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by R.L. LaFevers: A special thanks to Houghton Mifflin and Netgalley. This was a special 2-day offer through Netgalley with special content. Check my right sidebar and click on the Grave Mercy banner to find some awesome extras!

PUBLICATION DATE: April 3rd

Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.

Ismae's most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?

BORROWED


~Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver: Everyone raves about how great Delirium was, but to be honest I wasn't as into it as I thought I'd be. I'm hoping Pandemonium is even better. I will be reviewing this one. Thanks to Anna at Literary Exploration!

~Partials (Partials #1) by Dan Wells: I'm not actually borrowing this one since I have a Netgalley copy of this book, but I'm getting it signed for Anna along with Pandemonium. But I will still be reviewing this one.

~Illuminate (Gilded Wings #1) by Aimee Agresti: Now this one I borrowed to read from Anna. It's a 2012 debut and she was raving about it, so I thought I'd cross another debut off my list with only spending the price of shipping. I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: March 6th

Haven Terra is a brainy, shy high school outcast. But everything begins to change when she turns sixteen. Along with her best friend Dante and their quiet and brilliant classmate Lance, she is awarded a prestigious internship in the big city— Chicago—and is sent to live and work at a swanky and stylish hotel under the watchful eyes of a group of gorgeous and shockingly young-looking strangers: powerful and alluring hotel owner Aurelia Brown; her second-in-command, the dashing Lucian Grove; and their stunning but aloof staff of glamazons called The Outfit.

As Haven begins falling for Lucian, she discovers that these beautiful people are not quite what they seem. With the help of a mysterious book, she uncovers a network of secret passageways from the hotel’s jazz-age past that leads her to the heart of the evil agenda of Aurelia and company: they’re in the business of buying souls. Will they succeed in wooing Haven to join them in their recruitment efforts, or will she be able to thwart this devilish set’s plans to take the souls of her classmates on prom night at the hotel?

Illuminate is an exciting saga of a teen’s first taste of independence, her experience in the lap of luxury, and her discovery she may possess strength greater than she ever knew.

FREE FOR KINDLE


~Exiled (The Protector #1) by M.R. Merrick: I've heard amazing things about this book, and I found it on Amazon, free for I think just that one day. It sounds really interesting. I may be reviewing this one.

I'm hoping that next week I'll have time to do my first IMM vlog! So look for that :)

What did you guys get in your mailbox? Let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Grave Mercy is fantastic! I just put my review of it up today. Still waitingon reading Cinder maybe someday lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh Matt just sent me Exiled cuz I was having a bad day HA! He's a sweetheart<3 I'm definitely excited to read it soon! Hope you enjoy Pandemonium and Illuminate! I actually just got a finished copy of Pandemonium that I won so I'm sad I didn't send that one to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Academie looks awesome! I've seen this one on someone's blog today and I fell in love with it :) I hope you enjoy it - and all your books!

    Here's my IMM for this week
    And I also have an international giveaway going on. (:

    Happy reading!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Illuminate looks great!

    Also I was so pumped to get Grave Mercy and am glad to see everyone else so excited about it. :-)

    Happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a fantastic haul! Glow was one of my favorite reads from last year, although I know some people didn't love it as much as I do. And Cinder was my favorite read so far this year! I also have all the others you received on my TBR list! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness that's some list of goodies. Cinder is definitely my fav 2012 debut. I can't wait to read all 3 of the books you borrowed. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox! I loved Cinder, it was so good and different! I just started reading Pandemonium and so far I am really liking it. Partials, Illuminate, and Grave Mercy all sound really good also! I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    Thanks for stopping by my mailbox!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mailbox! I've been wanting to start Cinder for a long time now, but I'm waiting till April when I can get a copy from a signing. And Illuminate sounds so good, I really can't wait for that one! Enjoy your reads! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.