Monday, March 12, 2012

Dark Days Tour Stop Recap at Vroman's in Pasadena

This post is coming to you after a long day in Pasadena and about two hours of working on a French composition, so hopefully I will make sense. If not... just go with it.


Today I had the great pleasure of making it to a stop on the always-amazing Dark Days tour. At this stop was Lauren Oliver, Claudia Gray, and Dan Wells, who were all absolutely fabulous. This stop was also Livestreamed by the lovely Tiffany at For Those About to Read, and so I met her for the first time! She is super sweet and I hope to see her at more signings. Although she's moving... *sniff* Anyway, all of these authors were hilarious. I've met both Lauren Oliver and Claudia Gray, so it was great seeing them again. I also met with the woman that runs these signings (she's more like the driver, but who's counting), and it was good seeing her again too. Dan Wells was surprisingly funny, which, despite the bit of humor in Partials, didn't fit the image I had of him. I was the first in line to get my books signed, but I waited for everyone to go through to get a picture with all of them (and there were a good amount of people there), but it gave me time to chat up other bloggers and Lauren Oliver who we were standing by. It was way worth the trip out there.


These three also talked about what they're currently working on. Lauren Oliver is obviously working on Requiem (the 3rd and final book in the Delirium trilogy), but she also has a new YA contemporary series as well as an adult book in the works! Claudia Gray is working on her new series, Spellcasters, which she told us a lot about and I'm now pretty excited for. And Dan Wells is working not only on Partials #2, but also on a strange book where this lotion can basically clone a person and you can turn into them by putting on said lotion. Not sure how that's going to work, but it's so quirky I may just read it.

Here are their lovely signatures:


I already have everything else of Lauren Oliver's signed from when I met her in Huntington Beach. So since I had to buy a book to get in the signing line...


I bought a paperback copy of Delirium and had Lauren Oliver sign it!! What does this mean, you ask? Well, it means that at some point I'll be giving it away! Maybe for my blogoversary, which is in July. I have to start compiling stuff now if I'm going to make it awesome.


Again, I have everything else of Claudia Gray's signed (also met her in Huntington Beach, but at a different event), so I had her sign my ARC of Balthazar. She lovingly drew what she calls a vampire pig (don't ask, I don't even know) next to her signature. It's just beautiful *tear*.


Finally I got my copy of Partials signed. He saw Anna's ARC of his book and assumed I was a blogger. Lucky for him, he was right, but for the wrong reason. Still, I'm spreading my name! I wish I already had the cards I ordered so I could hand them out, but I think I'll have them for the next signing. THEY'RE SO PERTY!

All in all, a great outing for the YA world. I can't wait to go back next month around the same time and hang out with Tahereh Mafi, Cynthia Hand, Veronica Rossi, and Anna Carey. Should be a fun time, so if you can make it to Pasadena, California on Thursday, April 12th, please do! We'd all love to see you there :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jelly!!!! I wish Lauren Oliver would come here!!! I will have to just BUY a copy of Pandemonium for her to sign or something!!! SHE IS SO GREAT! I'm glad you had fun, and hopefully someday we can go to a signing TOGETHER :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recap. i totally got a vampire pig, too. i thought all of the authors were really well spoken and funny and that the panel ran so well. i really hope to make it back next month for the next event. i'll see you there if i do. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.