Monday, March 26, 2012

Building My Bookshelf

If you want to know more about this meme, please refer to the tab labeled Building My Bookshelf.

This is a meme I've created here at The Reader's Antidote, which was inspired by the meme Dusty Reads from Giselle at .Xpresso Reads and the meme Books to Pine For from Kristi at The Story Siren. Here's what to do:

~ Feature two books I have on my shelf but haven't read yet. These are likely books that I would want to read if I had more free time.

~Feature two books that are on my Wishlist, one that is already released and another that will be released within the next year.

On my shelf:


RELEASE DATE: July 14th, 2009

Todd Hewitt is the only boy in a town of men. Ever since the settlers were infected with the Noise germ, Todd can hear everything the men think, and they hear everything he thinks. Todd is just a month away from becoming a man, but in the midst of the cacophony, he knows that the town is hiding something from him -- something so awful Todd is forced to flee with only his dog, whose simple, loyal voice he hears too. With hostile men from the town in pursuit, the two stumble upon a strange and eerily silent creature: a girl. Who is she? Why wasn't she killed by the germ like all the females on New World? Propelled by Todd's gritty narration, readers are in for a white-knuckle journey in which a boy on the cusp of manhood must unlearn everything he knows in order to figure out who he truly is.


NOTES: I'm hopefully going to have this signed by the end of April, but it was recommended to me by Cynthia Hand, so I'm hoping it's awesome!!



RELEASE DATE: August 30th, 2011


Sometimes sorry isn't enough....
It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems...
Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend.
On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed.
In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay.
Em and Chase have been chosen.

NOTES: I've always been in love with this cover, but I have not heard barely any good reviews from reviewers that I respect, so that does not make me want to read it. But I met the author and had it signed so I'll probably read it for that reason and it's on my Mythology Challenge list...

On my wishlist:


RELEASE DATE: March 6th

It starts with a whisper: “It’s time for you to know who you are…”

Violet Eden dreads her seventeenth birthday. After all, it’s hard to get too excited about the day that marks the anniversary of your mother’s death. As if that wasn’t enough, disturbing dreams haunt her sleep and leave her with very real injuries. There’s a dark tattoo weaving its way up her arms that wasn’t there before.

Violet is determined to get some answers, but nothing could have prepared her for the truth. The guy she thought she could fall in love with has been keeping his identity a secret: he’s only half-human—oh, and same goes for her.

A centuries-old battle between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity has chosen its new warrior. It’s a fight Violet doesn’t want, but she lives her life by two rules: don’t run and don’t quit. When angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden… 

NOTES: I have been pining for this one for FOREVER!! If anyone has a copy that they would like to let me borrow, I'd love you forever :) Also, the cover is beautiful!


RELEASE DATE: April 24th

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself- and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

NOTES: There's some bad blood with this book already which I've talked about before, but it still looks really good and it's gotten decent reviews. And that cover! I must simply push my preconceived notions aside for this one.

What do you guys think of these? Have you read any of them? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole! my dear! I just sent you an email! you are my winner for the Black City giveaaway! send me your mailing address asap so I can send it to the publisher =D gogoggoo!! congratulations! =D

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.