Monday, March 19, 2012

Building My Bookshelf (9)

Is it possible to totally suck at keeping up with your own meme? Well, I found a way to do it. But, Building My Bookshelf is back on track. It's hard keeping up with everything, but I figured that I never post anything on Monday, so why not my own meme! Be strong followers; I will give you what you want.


If you want to know more about this meme, please refer to the tab labeled Building My Bookshelf.

This is a meme I've created here at The Reader's Antidote, which was inspired by the meme Dusty Reads from Giselle at .Xpresso Reads and the meme Books to Pine For from Kristi at The Story Siren. Here's what to do:

~ Feature two books I have on my shelf but haven't read yet. These are likely books that I would want to read if I had more free time.

~Feature two books that are on my Wishlist, one that is already released and another that will be released within the next year.

(It's sad that I had to read through this to remind myself what I had to do)

On my shelf:


RELEASED: January 11th, 2011

Sylvie Davis is a ballerina who can't dance, she lost everything important to her in one missed step.

Uprooting her from her Manhattan apartment, and shipping her to Alabama is her mother's solution for Sylvie's unhappiness. But life might not be any more simple down south.  As it turns out, her family has a lot more history than Sylvie ever knew. More unnerving, though, are the two guys that she can't stop thinking about.

Then Sylvie starts seeing things. A girl down by the lake. A man peering into the window. And a graveyard with an oddly placed headstone. Sylvie's lost nearly everything—is she starting to lose her mind as well?

NOTES: I actually bought this signed at the RT Convention in LA last spring and somehow I still haven't gotten around to reading it. There are definitely mixed reviews though, which is probably why...


RELEASE:  June 8th, 2010

To lose the game is to lose your life in bestselling author L.J. Smith's THE FORBIDDEN GAME.

To capture the love of Jenny Thorton, Julian--a visitor from a dark world--draws Jenny and her friends into forbidden games; the contest for a human soul. The prize is Jenny's freedom. The stakes are all of their lives. Jenny's friends are determined to help her win. But Julian is the master of the Game. Jenny's most desperate fight will be with him, this eerily handsome boy with electric blue eyes. He knows her deepest secrets, her darkest fears. He has almost infinite power. And the only thing he wants is for Jenny to surrender to him--body and soul.

NOTES: I think I bought this from a Borders that was closing. I think I don't read certain books because I got them from somewhere that doesn't have a pleasant memory. Borders closing down is a very unpleasant memory.

 On my wishlist:


RELEASE: June 7th, 2011 (hardcover release)

Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.

NOTES: Maybe I'm just drawn in by this cover (either the hardcover or the paperback), but this looks pretty great. It doesn't have the best rating, but you know how I love my dystopians!


RELEASE DATE: October 23rd, 2012

The Tonton have been defeated. Lugh has been rescued.
The heartstone has brought Saba and Jack together.
Now, Saba and her family head west to meet him and start a new life. All should be well.
But shadows of the dead are stalking Saba.
And another kind of shadow is creeping over the dustlands.
Then a messenger shows up.
With news of Jack.







NOTES: Ever since I read Blood Red Road, the first book in the series, I have been dying for this book! I got to meet the author, but I hadn't read the book yet. I sincerely wish I had so I could have squeed more!! Also, I wasn't sure about the cover change, but if that's Jack... mmmmmmmmm... Cover accepted.

What do you guys think of these? Have you read any of them? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. I really want Possession too! I love dystopians and y'know.. That cover <3 The Splendor Falls looks interesting, I hope you'll enjoy it when you decide to read it (:

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog,
    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.