Sunday, March 11, 2012

Big Bookish Reveal (i.e. too many awesome things to put in one title)

There's so much to go over so just bear with me; it's all worth the excitement! I've been working on this post for a week and things just keep popping up.
 
APP POISON


~The book blogging universe has been buzzing with this recent news: Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy world now has an app! Want to learn more about it? Check out the Vampire Academy website and scroll down until you see a YouTube video that explains it all. It sounds really awesome. I'll definitely have to check it out.


~Another app that's floating around is this one for Divergent by Veronica Roth, called the Choosing Ceremony, which she talks about on her website here. It's really awesome and you get to learn a lot more about the factions.

TITLE POISON

~In other non-app-related news, Mara Dyer 2 (obviously the sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin) now has a name! And it is...


EXPECTED PUBLICATION: October 23rd

My thoughts: I can't wait to see what this cover looks like and get a synopsis. This wasn't one of my absolute favorites from last year and it didn't live up to my expectations. That being said, I still really liked it and cannot wait to see what happens next!

~The final book in the Soul Screamers series (book 7 for whoever's counting) now has a title, which I love:


EXPECTED PUBLICATION: 2013 (Spring)

Here's what Rachel has to say about the title choice:

When I wrote My Soul To Take, way back in 2008, its working title was Soul Song. But Marjorie M. Liu had just put out a VERY different book by that same name, so before I submitted it, I changed the title, borrowing from the famous (and a bit creepy) children’s prayer.
Three other Soul Screamers titles followed, using that same theme, and the pattern got confusing to readers. Reviews for books appeared, labeled with the wrong title. A lot. The titles were also confusing for me, because one of them (I can no longer remember which) was written under the title “My Soul To Steal,” then published as something else. Then MSTSteal was used for the fourth book, so I actually have two rough drafts on my computer with the same original title.
For the fifth and sixth books, HQTeen decided (and I agreed) to shake things up a bit. So we took another two phrases from the children’s prayer that had inspired the first title. And I have to say, I think that If I Die and Before I Wake (books 5 & 6) fit best, of all the series titles.
But since the seventh title is the last, we wanted to tie it in to the original title theme, without getting stuck in that title confusion rut again.
MANY titles were suggested and passed back and forth, and in the end, I believe this final title is the only one (other than the novella “Never To Sleep”) that wasn’t one of my original suggestions. But I think it’s PERFECT for the ending of the series. And hopefully it’ll be perfect for the book itself. Which I don’t know yet, because I haven’t actually started the manuscript yet.
COVER AND TITLE POISON

~And here's the cover and title for the third and final book in the Matched series by Ally Condie...


EXPECTED PUBLICATION: November 13th


My thoughts: I love all of these covers! I still haven't started this series, but I have the first two sitting on my shelf, so I'll have to get on that. Although I may wait until September or October so that I can read them all at once! Speaking of the others, here's the first two covers:


~Now, it's the title and cover for the second book in The Pledge series by Kimberly Derting:


EXPECTED PUBLICATION: January 1st, 2013


My thoguhts: This cover is really amazing, and I like it even more than the first cover! I need to start reading this series. It sounds amazing and these covers are gorgeous. Me want! Don't remember what the first one looks like? For your viewing pleasure:



COVER POISON


~And then is the cover for the prequel to Andrea Cremer's Nightshade series, Rift:

EXPECTED PUBLICATION: August 7th


My thoughts: I love this! I'm also excited to learn about Ember. But I wish they could have taken a little of the old Nightshade covers because I was totally in love with those. This is one of those few times where they made a cover change for the worse. And since we're on the subject:

NEW


OLD


~And finally, yes, finally is the cover for the last (?) book in the Caster Chronicles by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia:


EXPECTED PUBLICATION: October 23rd


My thoughts: I still have yet to read Beautiful Chaos, but this has always been a hot-and-cold series for me. I don't love it, but I don't not like it. Also, the fact that this lettering is green has partially renewed this series for me. No, I'm not superficial about my covers at all...

What do you guys think of these awesome apps and amazing new titles and covers? Love them? Hate them? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.