Thursday, February 23, 2012

In My Mailbox (28)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library. Also, Thursday is now my new IMM day, instead of Tuesday.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


 BOUGHT


~Harbinger by Sarah Wilson Etienne: The other day, I went to a signing for this author. The worst part was that it was Friday night in LA; two horrible, headache-inducing combinations. I got there 5 minutes late, but apparently she and the author of Above World are quick speakers because they had already opened it up to questions. Anywho, this cover is just gorgeous and I'm glad I was able to get it signed. This is up next on my TBR list after The Immortal Rules and Article 5. I will be reviewing this one.

FOR REVIEW

~The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis: I have been hearing amazing things about this book, so I requested a review copy. It came really quickly in the mail. I'm so excited to read this!! I will be reviewing this one. A special thanks to Abrams Publishing.


~Touch (Denazen #1) by Jus Accardo: A special thanks to Entangled Publishing. I have been wanting to read this one for a while now, and finally decided to request it. I will be reviewing this one.


~Shades of Atlantis (Shades Series #1) by Carol Oates: A special thanks to Omnific Publishing. I remember seeing this book when I first got into Goodreads and I loved the cover, but didn't know how to get the book. Now I have a copy! I will be reviewing this one.


~Ember (Ember #1) by Carol Oates: A special thanks to Omnific Publishing. This titled also really caught my eye. It looks very mysterious. I will be reviewing this one.


~Embrace by Cherie Colyer: A special thanks to Omnific Publishing. Hot new guy? Yes please! Sounds awesome. I will be reviewing this one.


~Interrupted: Life Beyond Words by Rachel Coker: A special thanks to Zondervan and NetGalley! beautiful cover! I will be reviewing this one.


~Angel Eyes (Angel Eyes Trilogy #1) by Shannon Dittemore: A special thanks to Thomas Nelson and NetGalley. This is also a book that I will likely be on the blog tour for! Definitely excited for that.

PUBLICATION DATE: May 29th

Once you’ve seen, you can’t unsee. Everything changes when you’ve looked at the world through . . .

ANGEL EYES


Brielle’s a ballerina who went to the city to chase her dreams and found tragedy instead. She’s come home to shabby little Stratus, Oregon, to live with her grief and her guilt . . . and the incredible, numbing cold she can’t seem to shake.

Jake’s the new guy at school. The boy next door with burning hands and an unbelievable gift that targets him for corruption.


Something more than fate has brought them together. An evil bigger than both of them lurks in the shadows nearby, hiding in plain sight. Two angels stand guard, unsure what’s going to happen. And a beauty brighter than Jake or Brielle has ever seen is calling them to join the battle in a realm where all human choices start.


A realm that only angels and demons—and Brielle—can perceive.


~Tangled Tides (The Sea Monster Memoirs #1) by Karen Amanda Hooper: A special thanks to Rhemalda Publishing. I must admit, a big reason I requested this was for the cover O_O Also, I need to read more mermaid books.


~Witch Song by Amber Argyle: A special thanks to Rhemalda Publishing. This book has always caught my eye!


~Chosen Ones (The Lost Souls #1) by Tiffany Truitt: A special thanks to Entangled Publishing. I am in love with this cover! Plus, it's dystopian, so you know how excited I am already.

PUBLICATION DATE: April 12th

What if you were mankind’s last chance at survival?

Sixteen-year-old Tess lives in a compound in what was once the Western United States, now decimated after a devastating fourth World War. But long before that, life as we knew it had been irrevocably changed, as women mysteriously lost the ability to bring forth life. Faced with the extinction of the human race, the government began the Council of Creators, meant to search out alternative methods of creating life. The resulting artificial human beings, or Chosen Ones, were extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly.

Life is bleak, but uncomplicated for Tess as she follows the rigid rules of her dystopian society, until the day she begins work at Templeton, the training facility for newly created Chosen Ones. There, she meets James, a Chosen One whose odd love of music and reading rivals only her own. The attraction between the two is immediate in its intensity—and overwhelming in its danger.


But there is more to the goings-on at Templeton than Tess ever knew, and as the veil is lifted from her eyes, she uncovers a dark underground movement bent not on taking down the Chosen Ones, but the Council itself. Will Tess be able to stand up to those who would oppress her, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?

What books did you guys get in your mailboxes this week? Leave me a link in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. What a selection! I can't wait to read your reviews of them, particularly the Omnific and Entangled titles! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know how Storyteller is! It looks like it's going to be a good one!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! It definitely sounds amazing, and I love that cover.

      Delete
  3. Nice books this week! I especially love the signed copy of Harbinger. I am so intrigued by the cover of that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Signed Harbinger, awesome!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome that you got a signed copy of Harbinger. :) Hope you enjoy everything you got this week.

    Here is mine: IMM (14)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great week for you. I'd love to steal your mailbox. :)

    Enjoy!

    My IMM

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Embrace last year and I really loved it. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here's my IMM!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox-22.html

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.