Thursday, February 2, 2012

In My Mailbox (25)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library. Also, Thursday is now my new IMM day, instead of Tuesday.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


BOUGHT

~Goddess Boot Camp (Oh. My. Gods. #2) by Tera Lynn Childs: When I went to the signing for Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler, I checked out the bookstore's signed book section, and found the sequel to Oh. My. Gods., which I also bought there. I just finished Forgive My Fins by Childs and really enjoyed her writing. I may be reviewing this one.


~Fracture by Megan Miranda: This is a book on my DAC list, so I was excited to find out that she was coming to a city near me to sign books. I finished my e-ARC copy literally that day, and then bought the book there. I also got some awesome signed bookmarks that I'll be giving away once I put up my review. Which should be within the week!

BORROWED

~After Obsession by Carrie Jones & Steven E. Wedel: This is another ARC borrowed from Anna at Literary Exploration. I recently finished it, and was only slightly disappointed. I was already going in with low expectations. This review will be up soon.

ARC TOUR

~Forbidden by Syrie James and Ryan M. James: This is part of the DAC ARC tour hosted by Kristi and moderated by Lisa. I actually just finished it yesterday and enjoyed it. I will get the review up as soon as I finish the ones before it.

GIFTED


~Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer: Thanks to my best blogger friend, Anna @ Literary Exploration, I now have a signed copy of this amazing debut novel. You can find my review of the ARC edition here. It's also fitting that Anna is going to have a guest review of this book on the blog soon!


~Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky #1) by Veronica Rossi: Another signed book from Anna! I've heard great things about this book, and it's on my DAC list so I can't wait to read it! I will be reviewing this one. And thanks for the birthday wish Veronica!

FOR REVIEW


~Invasion (C. H. A. O. S. #1) by Jon S. Lewis: Apparently this title was published in 2010, but they had it on NetGalley and it sounds really interesting. A special thanks to Thomas Nelson Publishing and NetGalley.

He didn't ask for the job, but now all that stands between us and chaos... is Colt

Colt McAlister was having the summer of his life. He spent his days surfing and his nights playing guitar on the beach with friends. He even met a girl and got his first car. But everything changes when his parents are killed in a freak accident.

He's forced to leave his old life behind and move to Arizona with his grandfather. The only person he knows at the new high school is a childhood friend named Dani. And Oz, a guy he's sure he's never met but who is strangely familiar.

But what if his parents' death wasn't an accident? His mother, an investigative reporter, was going to expose a secret mind-control program run by one of the world's largest companies. Before she could release the story, what if agents from Trident Biotech made sure she couldn't go public?

Vowing to uncover the truth, Colt gets drawn into a secret world of aliens, shapeshifters, flying motorcycles, and invisible gateways.

The Invasion has begun. 


~Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley: This was also published in 2010, but I've been keeping my eye on it since I saw that amazing cover. It sounds great. A special thanks to Random House Children's Books and NetGalley.

"Let me make it in time. Let me meet Shadow. The guy who paints in the dark. Paints birds trapped on brick walls and people lost in ghost forests. Paints guys with grass growing from their hearts and girls with buzzing lawn mowers."

It’s the end of Year 12. Lucy’s looking for Shadow, the graffiti artist everyone talks about.

His work is all over the city, but he is nowhere.

Ed, the last guy she wants to see at the moment, says he knows where to find him. He takes Lucy on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls.

But the one thing Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes.

What did you guys get in your mailbox this week? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Signed books are awesome! So jealous of the Cinder & UtNS ones, but I hope to meet both of them eventually... :)

    I just got a signed bookmark from the author of Slide today, so that was fun. I'm still waiting on a couple of other book-ish things though and have no idea where they ran off to. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have a few signed books - I live in Scotland and way up North where hardly any authors ever visit.

    I've read loads and loads of great things about Cinder and Fracture.

    Enjoy your books, Great Mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love all the signed books... you are seriously lucky!

    Here is my IMM

    Lindsay :)
    Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Signed books are always always the best. Priceless. :) Enjoy your great reads! Cinder and Fracture are now on my list of to-be-found-very-soon since I've been seeing it in so many mailboxes recently. :)

    Here's ours over at GatheringBooks:
    http://wp.me/pDlzr-2S5

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.