Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cover and Title Poison: Hidden, Tiger Lily & the sequel to Legend

First up is the third book in one of my favorite series...


Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.

 
My thoughts: I have always been totally in love with these covers! Each one has been more gorgeous than the last. I wish there were more books in this series just so that they would make more beautiful dragon covers. Definitely looking forward to holding this one in  my hands. 



15 year old Tiger Lily, proud and fierce, wild and misunderstood, doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland, and immediately falls under his spell. Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, big-hearted but hard to reach, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything - her family, her future - to be with the haunted, hunted, courageous boy who loves her. When - as a punishment for her rebellious ways - she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter. With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.

From the New York Times bestselling author of PEACHES comes a magical and bewitching story of the romance between a fearless heroine and the boy who wouldn't grow up.


My thoughts: This sounds so frickin' awesome I cannot even comprehend!!! I haven't read any Peter Pan retellings (sadly, Hook is a movie and does not count) so I'm ecstatic to hear that Harper Collins is coming out with this! And that cover is simply lovely. They look like faerie wings :)

TITLE REVEAL
 Now you guys know I love my dystopian. Legend by Marie Lu is definitely up there with some of the best, and the second book in the series now has a title:


'Patriot: A Legend Novel...in which June and Day strike a dangerous deal with Patriot rebels'

 So excited for this sequel!! I wonder what the cover will be like...?

What do you guys think of the covers and the title? Love them? Hate them? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE both of these covers :) I"m really excited for Tiger Lily, it sounds like it's going to be a great read!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.