Monday, January 9, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book

 For the first time, I’m taking part in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday the lovelies at The Broke and the Bookish post their top ten lists on various bookish topics.
This week’s top ten is: Top Ten Authors I Wish Would Write Another Book (debut authors, authors who seem to have taken a hiatus, OR for those who read classics authors you wish would have written another book before they passed). I only make a few of these requirements, so this is also a sort of favorite author post!

1. Cassandra Clare

Writing status: Alive and kicking!

I will read ANYTHING this woman writes. Literally anything. She got me really started back into reading YA and her writing is the only thing that really inspires me with my own novel. And while neither of her series are over, I wish she would keep writing forever *echoes "forever"*

2. Jandy Nelson

Writing status: Alive, but on hiatus.

I don't know If you guys have read The Sky is Everywhere by this amazing woman, but it's literally one of my favorite contemporaries. I don't believe she's written anything else, but I still think about this book, even though I read it in 2010.Her story-weaving is wonderful, and I think I actually cried. And then read it again.

3. Stephanie Meyer

Writing status: Alive, but on hiatus.

I don't care what anyone says. Meyer has a way with human emotions, and while her writing isn't ground-breaking, the way she knows what's going on inside of every human mind and how our bodies react to things is simply astounding to me. I realized this reading The Host (her "adult" novel), not Twilight.

4. Douglas Adams

Writing status: Deceased.

This is the zany creator of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy universe! I remember reading the first book in high school. The series progressively got worse as the books continued, but I still loved his writing, and it's sad that he isn't able to write anymore, as he died in the early 2000's from a heart attack.

5. Moira Young

Writing status: Alive and kicking!

Young has one of the most unique writing styles I've ever seen. In her YA debut Blood Red Road, she used no quotation marks so it actually forces you to read everything and she wrote from a very personal POV, with somewhat of a Southern accent. It was risky, and utterly brilliant!

6. Tahereh Mafi

Writing status: Alive and kicking!

There are literally no words for her writing style. It's beautiful and insane-sounding and just phenomenal. I wish I had more words for this amazing writer, but her work speaks for itself. If you haven't read Shatter Me, I will personally hunt you down and force you to read it. For me, it was that good. I can't wait to see what Mafi comes out with next.

7. Stephanie Perkins

Writing status: Alive and kicking!

Her characters are hard not to love, and the ones you're meant to hate, you hate. She's hilarious, and her dialogue, while not exactly believable is just too hilarious not to love. She also has this knack to either make me cry or at least to desperately fight back tears. She's my favorite contemporary author.

8. Edgar Allen Poe

Writing status: Deceased.

As much as he creeps me out, I kind of like the creep factor. He really knows how to get inside your head, and I wish he was in more literature classes, and that we'd be forced to read more than The Raven and The Tell-Tale Heart. If you haven't heard of either of those... I will pray for you.

9. Jeri Smith-Ready

Writing status: Alive and kicking!

Jeri has some amazing ideas! I love her Shade series, and I'm kind of surprised by how much I love her writing. She's one of the most underrated writers, but the Shade series is my favorite right behind anything Cassie Clare writes. If you haven't read this series, please consider picking it up. You won't regret it!

10. Lauren Oliver

Writing status: Alive and kicking!

I'll be the first to admit that Delirium was not up to my standards. I absolutely loved her debut novel, Before I Fall, but I felt like she was trying to hard with Delirium. Still, I will read everything she writes on the sole basis of her first novel. If you haven't read it, and for whatever reason didn't like Delirium, please do. She deserves a chance.

1 comment:

  1. i love clare!!! her writing is just outstanding!
    and stephanie needs to finish up the HOST and NOW
    wonderful list!!!!

    Tara's Top Ten and her giveaway

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.