Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Top Ten YA Boys of 2011


Another late post, enjoy!

These boys have it all! They were my favorite of this year, and for good reason.

~Will from Clockwork Prince~


There's none of these boys that even compares to Will. Cassandra Clare loves writing these characters that we can't help falling in love with, no matter what they do to the heroine. Will is the epitome of the perfect guy for me, and it's all in what he does and what he doesn't do. I will forever be Team Will over Team Jem. Plus, blue eyes, dark hair, how can you say no? He so obviously cares for Tessa, even when he outright denies it. It's all part of his charade, and he's one of the most caring boys in YA despite his tough outer shell. I need Will to have a better fate in the final book.
 
~Jack from Blood Red Road~


I was pleasantly surprised by Jack. I seriously love him! He's one of my favorite dystopian guys, along with Adam and Four. I can't exactly explain why, but that scene in the cave has a lot (A LOT) to do with it. Moira Young does a great job with building up this romance. I can't wait to get more of Jack and Saba! They may not quite be in love yet, but with that ending, I get the feeling we'll have to wait a little into the next book to see more of the two of them.

~Dimitri from Last Sacrifice~


So I just read the whole Vampire Academy this year, and I am in love Dimitri! I hear that he also shows up in Bloodlines, the companion series to Vampire Academy. In this last installment of the series, I fell in love with him all over again. It's hard for me to imagine him being that much older than Rose, but I think that's part of the appeal. The older, hot-as-hellfire foreign guy? Oh yeah! It's also the fact that their relationship is taboo in nearly every way, but they find a way to be together. Dimitri just can't stay away from Rose, even with all his self-loathing, and she still loves him. I hear we see him in Bloodlines, so I can't wait!
~Adam from Shatter Me~


Oh, Adam. Adam Adam Adam. It's like a mantra in my head. One of my favorite all-time this year! Tahereh Mafi not only has an amazing writing style, but she creates one of the most amazing, most swoon-worthy boys in YA, especially since it's a debut novel. That shower scene? I want to die! I cannot wait to see more of Adam. I just re-read it for like the fifth time and I love Adam! The one thing about this book is that it's not instalove, because Juliette and Adam have been in love with each other since they were kids. They have one of the sweetest loves in YA.
~Four from Divergent~


 Four is the first dystopian boy that I fell in love with, and he is so worth it! Shatter Me and Divergent are tied for my favorite dystopians ever, and at least half of that is because of the boys. Four was obviously in love with Tris the whole time, but was playing hard to get. He's so strong and protective of Tris, but he realizes that she has to be able to take care of herself. Love when that happens in YA, and that's rare in dystopian :) Can't wait for more Four!

~Ash from The Iron Knight~


To be honest, I wasn't a bog fan of this series when it first started. But by the time I finished Iron Knight, I was in love. I fell in love with Ash before Iron Knight, and seeing him from Meghan's POV made him seem the most perfect guy. What I loved about Iron Knight was that we got to see the real Ash, and I was surprised by how much I liked it. Besides, look at those smoldering eyes... I'm sad there isn't more of this series. Hopefully we get to see him in the spinoff series with Meghan's brother.

~Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss~


It took me forever to read Anna and the French Kiss, and after I read it, I wasn't sure why because it was the best contemporary I've ever read! Anna is your typical awkward American girl, someone we can all relate to, and Etienne is the epitome of what I see as my perfect guy. It may have a lot to do with the accent and therefore his generally funny nature. He's absolutely in love with Anna, it just takes both of them a little to long to realize it. I don't read much contemporary, but Etienne made it look pretty amazing.

~Zachary from Shift~


Hmm another hot boy with an accent. You should know by now it's my weakness. Zachary is so sweet, and even though he kind of messes up big time in Shift, it's so obvious how in love he is Aura, and Aura is finally realizing how much she loves Zach. And the river scene... need I say more? I can't wait for more of Zachary, and with all the teasers Jeri has been giving us, I have no doubt that I'm going to fall in love with him all over again. Zach and Jace are my two favorite YA boys, and I wish this series would never end! I will always need Zachary!

~Jace from City of Fallen Angels~


You knew I would find a way to get Jace in here, and since City of Fallen Angels came out this year, I had an excuse. Ever since I heard that Cassie was going to continue the Mortal Instruments past a trilogy, I've been excited to see what happens between Jace and Clary, and at first I was a little disappointed in Jace. He totally ditches Clary for a good portion of the book! But I think his past awesomeness when it comes to caring for and loving Clary speaks for itself, and I can't wait not only to see the movie when it finally comes out, but also for more of Jace in the next Mortal Instruments.

~Patch from Silence~


Mmmmm Patch. He is certainly one of the sexiest YA boys, and although I love him the most in Hush, Hush, he's just as amazing in Silence. I can't really explain it, but he's so hard to read sometimes, even in the third book, and that's super attractive. Also, he kicks butt, he's an angel, and he cares so much for Nora it almost hurts. I can't wait to see what Becca has for us with Patch and Nora in the final installment of this series. I want some hot, steamy scenes here Becca!

I couldn't just pick ten, so I'm including these lovely and notable boys as well! These gentlemen also deserve their part in this post.



OTHER TOP 6

~Day from Legend~


I just recently finished this book, and while it wasn't my favorite dystopian of this year, I loved Day. It was instalove, which was nice. They have a connection, and with that ending it's unsure what's going to happen between them. Day is an interesting character, and because we got to see half the book from his point of view, we saw how fast and how hard he was falling for June. And how June was falling hard for Day. As you know, I'm really getting into dystopians, and somehow these authors are able to create amazing boys in these messed societies. It really isn't fair. Can't wait to see more of Day!

Humberto by The Girl of Fire and Thorns


I'm not sure if this picture really depicts Humberto, but I couldn't find many pictures of him. The Girl of Fire and Thorns has been totally underrated this year, and so Humberto needed some props. He cares so much for Elisa and risks everything for her. Even though he's one of her captors, neither of them really see it that way. He's sweet to her, and protects her from all the people that want her Godstone. I wish I could see that I can't wait to see more of Humberto... I wonder where the series is going to go from here.

~Rieker from The Faerie Ring~


Rieker was a surprise. I had been wanting to read the Faerie Ring and wasn't quite sure what to expect. But he was deliciously perfect for Tiki, and was mysterious and caring enough to keep my interest.He really made this book for me. Without him, it wouldn't have been as interesting without him. There's also something about boys in this time period that holds my attention. Maybe it's the actual possession of chivalry! I loved him and Tiki and I hope his cute protectiveness over her continues in the next one.

~Tod from If I Die~


Let me start off by saying I did not want to like Tod.I tried really hard to hate Tod in fact. I was always Team Nash and never EVER Team Tod. But If I Die changed that for me. I guess I didn't see before how much he cared for Kaylee, and as badly as I wanted it to work out for Kayle and Nash, I should have seen that after all that happened between them, that it wouldn't work. I hate to admit it, but Tod is better for Kaylee, and after what happened at the end of If I Die, she'll need someone that's not addicted to a demon substance and has pawned off all his best memories of her. As difficult as it is, I saw Tod in a new light.

~Will from Angelfire~


I love Will. Just the name Will is swoonworthy all on it's own, but Moulton made him such a lovable, brooding, awesome boy character! He's the only one that can help Ellie remember that she's the Preliator, and all the while he's utterly in love with her. I think their story is one of my favorites. There's no instalove because they've known each other's spirits--souls--all this time. All Will ever wants to do is protect Ellie, much to her dismay because apparently he feels them being together puts her in danger. Oh, Will.

~Noah from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer~



You know, when I wrote the review for The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, I found I didn't have all that much to say. It's not that it wasn't amazing, just that I was more confused at the end than I was before I started. I really loved the interaction between Noah and Mara though, and props to the other for finding a name I could remember in my sleep! I can only imagine his utter hotness, as per my usual weakness for accents. It hardly seems fair when authors do that to us, like we're predestined to love them. Also, his mystery and protectiveness, while not refreshing, was made better with an accent. So basically, this vote is based on his accent... that is all.



Did I miss any of your favorite hot YA guys of this year? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. *dose a happy dance* I love that you put photos up!!!!! Yea!!!!! And let me say some NICE photos!
    I love Will and but I also love Jem. I CAN NOT CHOOSE! For the life of me I can not do it! I don’t know how! I have never had this problem before! And I cant believe it because so many times I get so passionate about my men and who they should be with but damn it CLARE! Its too hard!
    Very nice list!!!!
    Check out MINE, its delish!

    Tara and her giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been Team Will, when I pick a guy in YA I never change my mind lol. Cassie Clare is just too amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.