Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler signing at Mrs. Nelson Toy and Book Shop: recap


Tonight I went to an amazing signing, featuring Jay Asher (author of Thirteen Reasons Why) and Carolyn Mackler (author of Tangled). To be honest it was a lot more fun than I was expecting. Also, there were many more people there than I had anticipated. It was one of the more hilarious signings that I've been to. You'd think since Jay's only solo book is about suicide and isn't exactly a happy, funny book, that he'd be slightly morbid. But Jay is absolutely HILARIOUS! Him and Carolyn were a perfect comedic team, and it made the signing that much more enjoyable. They shared a lot about the process of the book, and how Jay used to idolize Carolyn before he published his first book. They also went over some titles they were throwing around, and the one before they found The Future of Us was Us and the Future. I like this one better.


Also there were Slinkie Jims mentioned. It involves a Twinkie and Slimjim coming together. According to Jay, it was not as delicious as he had originally thought.

It was definitely worth it to make the trip out. I hope they come back to town again sometime soon! And here's their lovely signatures:



Check out Jay's blog to see if they're coming anywhere near you on this The Future of Us tour.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh lucky you I really enjoyed this book but his 13 Reasons Why books was incredible!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.