Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In My Mailbox (21)

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren, where you create a post of the books you either received in the mail, bought at a bookstore, or borrowed from the library.


NOTE: If you're unfamiliar with how I do things with my IMM, I basically give a little back story to the books I have pictured. Also, if there are ARC's, I'll give a synopsis and date published.


WON

~Goddess Interrupted (The Goddess Test #2) by Aimee Carter: So this wasn't exactly won. Because of some circumstances, Harlequin Teen gave me a choice to pick two of their titles from their catalog. This was one of them. I've already read it, and I loved it! It was even better than the first one! I felt like I really connected with Kate more this time around, and every moment of this book was a new break in my heart. I will post a review closer to release date.

PUBLICATION DATE: March 27th, 2012
Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.


















~Salem Witch Tryouts and Competition's a Witch by Kelly McClymer: I won these from Free Book Friday. Apparently there were some issues with all the winners (we didn't get our books), and so the author not only sent a signed copy of the first book, but of the second one too! A special thanks to the author. It's wonderful to get a book as compensation for novel withdrawal.


~Bloodspell (Bloodspell #1) by Amalie Howard: I won this on Amalie's website, and it's one I've always wanted to read! The story sounds really interesting, and I love the cover. And it's also signed! I may be reviewing this one.


~Haven (Winterhaven #1) by Kristi Cook: I know, another signed book! This was also won from Amalie Howard. I actually saw Kristi at the RT convention in LA, but I couldn't afford to buy a hard copy of her book. Now I have a signed copy! Another interesting story line, and I like the name Violet for some reason. I may be reviewing this one.


~Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire #2) by Courtney Allison Moulton: I have been dying for this one guys! The first ARC contest she held was one where you had to write a story introducing a new vir reaper, and my story was one of the 3 that she picked! I kind of heckled her about whether she got my e-mail or not with my address, so I think she kind of hates me, but I'm just so excited to read this!! And she even signed it, AAHHHH!! If you haven't started this series, what's wrong with you! I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: January 31st, 2012

Life as the Preliator is harder than Ellie ever imagined.
Balancing real life with the responsibility of being Heaven’s warrior is a challenge for Ellie. Her relationship with Will has become all business, though they both long for each other. And now that the secret of who she really is has come out, so have Hell’s strongest reapers. Grown bold and more vicious, the demonic threaten her in the light of day and stalk her in the night.

She’s been warned.
Cadan, a demonic reaper, comes to her with information about Bastian’s new plan to destroy Ellie’s soul and use an ancient relic to wake all the souls of the damned and unleash them upon humanity. As she fights to stay ahead of Bastian’s schemes , the revelations about those closest to her awaken a dark power within Ellie that threatens to destroy everything—including herself.

She’ll be betrayed.
Treachery comes even from those whom she loves, and Ellie is broken by the deaths of those who stood beside her in this Heavenly war. Still, she must find a way to save the world, herself, and her love for Will. If she fails, there will be hell to pay.

BOUGHT

~Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy #1) by Jennifer Estep: I was in Walmart with my Grandma a few days ago, and she said I could get something while we were there, so I got this book! I love mythology books, and I've heard good things about this series. I may be reviewing this one.

BORROWED

~Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer: I have been waiting to read this one, and then I finally get auto-approved by Macmillan and the e-ARC was archived! :( But have no fear, Anna is here! You know Anna, from Literary Exploration. Yeah, that silly one. She sent me this lovely ARC of Cinder to read quickly before a signing with Marissa Meyer and Megan Miranda later in January. In which she is also getting me a signed finished copy. So basically, she is awesome! I will be reviewing this one.

PUBLICATION DATE: January 3rd, 2012

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

In this thrilling debut young adult novel, the first of a quartet, Marissa Meyer introduces readers to an unforgettable heroine and a masterfully crafted new world that’s enthralling.


SWAG

~From Amalie Howard: Along with a signed copy of her book Bloodspell and a signed copy of Haven, she sent me a really awesome Mirage (sequel to Haven) necklace, and some Celtic knot charm that I've seen the pattern of before but for the life of me have forgotten... It'll come to me. She also got me a $10 iTunes gift card, which I plan on making sue of as soon as possible! Amazing Christmas gift, thanks Amalie! :)

~From Michelle Zink: A very sweet postcard, along with a Temptation of Angels magnet and a sadly crushed candy cane was waiting for me when I got home. Again, I'll say that Michelle is just so sweet!! :) Despite the crushed disposition of the candy cane, it will be eaten, and it will be relished.

~From Courtney Allison Moulton: Along with the coveted signed ARC of Wings of the Wicked, she sent bookmarks (which I already have some of, so GIVEAWAY!) and a little green glowing skeleton guy thing. It was a Halloween contest, so it makes sense in that context. Also with it came a CD, with I believe has a song Courtney actually wrote for the series! I haven't listened to it yet, but I certainly will while I'm reading this amazing book. Thanks so much Courtney! I'm glad you liked my story :)

I have to say this is one of my favorite IMM's that I've ever had! I've never seen so many signed books in one pile, and all looking awesome :) Tune in next week for In My Mailbox (22), where I'll have some books I ordered with my $50 B&N gift card, which I also got for Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Yayyyy Cinder :))) I hope you love it!!! But don't get your sickness all over it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not trying to get my sickness all over it :P Besides, by the time it goes through the mail, all the germs will be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked up such awesome books! And I can't believe how many of them were signed too. Out of all of these I'd be most excited to read Cinder. I keep seeing it around and I really think I'll fall in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set! So cool that you won Courtney's contest! Congrats. I can't wait to read it.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.