Thursday, January 26, 2012

Follow Friday (15)

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

 
Question of the Week: Which book genre do you avoid at all costs and why?

Well to be honest I'm very picky about my books. I've read very few books that aren't YA, although I don't mind adult paranormal romance books now that I'm older. But there's really more than one genre that I avoid at all costs. The first is romance novels. I'm not a prude, but when they describe a man's... package in a million different ways, it gets to be ridiculous. I honestly sit there and laugh at how nearly every other chapter is someone having sex. I just can't handle it. I'm also not really into anything that doesn't have a romance, which usually includes science fiction and a few other genres. The romance means a lot to me, and when that element isn't in the story I don't find myself enjoying it.

7 comments:

  1. hehehhe that reminds of of a certain book series.

    New follower


    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand you.

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read sci-fi either. As far as romance novels go - some of them are good. But I agree that I don't need descriptive sex scenes to know what's going on, or the 'romance' to be sex related.
    New follower.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it isn't a YA book, then I agree, I need some romance to keep me interested. Sex isn't always required for these kinds of books either. Especially overly descriptive scenes.

    New Follower
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely love the romance in a story, but I can read books without it too! I'm not a big fan of the erotica in romance hahahahah it's weird.

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm a new follower!!! I can't wait to read more on your blog!!!! :)

    Haha I like romance so long as it isn't too mushy gushy or fake! :)

    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-my-first-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old follower! I agree with you about the "romance" - the kind that seems to be all about sex. Here's my FF: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-4.html

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.