Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow Friday (14)

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


Question of the Week: What's the craziest thing you've ever done to get your hands on any particular book?

Hmm interesting question... I guess the craziest thing I've done to get a book is to totally heckle the author that I won it from. I won an ARC of Wings of the Wicked (the second book in the Angelfire series) by Courtney Allison Moulton, and I was so excited that I refused to stop bothering her about it. She may hate me now, but I love her books and I just wanted to read this amazing sequel as soon as possible. Totally worth it. Also, I bought 2 copies of Clockwork Prince (yes, only 2), so that I could get the Barnes & Noble edition with the letter from Will to Tessa, and a signed copy from Books of Wonder.

Now the things I've done to get signed books are different. I've driven miles upon miles through the worst L.A. traffic to go to book signings. I even asked my Fiction teacher to pick up a signed book for me because I couldn't make it the launch party (Legend by Marie Lu) and she lived near the bookstore. The farthest I've driven for a signature is over 2 1/2 hours away to the launch party for Tahereh Mafi's Shatter Me. I met a few people from other signings I'd been to and there was Shatter Me cake, so definitely worth it. I also found a Dark Days tour stop in Lansing, MI when I was out there visiting family last summer. Again, so worth it to go. That was the best signing I've been to yet, because I got to have dinner with a few Midwest bloggers, Courtney Allison Moulton, Veronica Roth, Josephine Angelini, Aimee Carter, Aprilynne Pike, and Ellen Schreiber. It was insane to get to meet these authors whose books I love, and to really get to know them.

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog! New follower, here’s mine
    http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story!!!

    old follower

    Here is mine

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.