Friday, January 13, 2012

Follow Friday (13)

Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

(anyone else think it's creepy that my 13th Follow Friday is on Friday the 13th of my birthday month? No?)




Question of the Week: Many readers/bloggers are also big music fans. Tell us about a few of your favorite bands/singers that we should listen to in 2012.

Hmm well I do love music. I'm kind of particular when it comes to certain genres though. I only like a few select country songs, and I'm even pickier when it comes to rap and hip-hop (any song that's not defiling women and has a good beat is what I shoot for, which is why that list is pretty small). I really like old rock and current rock. I've gone to a lot of concerts for older bands, such as: Journey, Heart, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Billy Idol, Scorpions, Foreigner, Bryan Adams, George Thorogood, Judas Priest, The Eagles, and so many others. Sadly, I have yet to go to a concert of a newer band, but I love: The Foo Fighters, Foster the People (not Pumped Up Kicks anymore, because we all know how overplayed that song is), Mumford and Sons, The Killers, RHCP, Blink-182, The All-American Rejects, Cage the Elephant, Christina Perry, Katy Perry, Coldplay, Death Cab for Cutie, Eminem (may have to do with my Detroit roots, but he's the only rap I listen to "regularly"), Green Day, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, MUSE, Taylor Swift, and The Wallflowers. A random assortment, but I like what I like. Also, classical music has always been a passion of mine.

9 comments:

  1. Hey, Nicole, old follower hopping through.

    I'm crazy about quite a few bands on your list, especially Linkin Park and Muse.

    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a huge list of music and I couldn't think of a single one!

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan Adams is great, as are Death Cab, Linkin Park and Green Day! Great list.

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DON'T STOP BELIEVIN!!! JOURNEYYYY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Journey! I am going to save your list of favorite so that I can check out some of the artists you mentioned.

    http://ohpaperpages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here from the blog hop! Here is my FF: http://theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-friday-2.html

    Looks like you are very versatile in your musical tastes! I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower! I really enjoy old rock, nothing beats the best of the oldies!

    My FF: http://thelittlebluepig.blogspot.com/2012/01/follow-me-friday-3.html

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. Love your choices! For good rap you should check out K'Naan, a Somalian rapper.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great bands! I agree too!

    I'm a follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete

I always appreciate comments and cherish every one of them. THIS IS AN AWARD-FREE ZONE. I don't have the time to fulfill the requirements for the awards, but thank you so much for thinking of me. I just ask for no vulgarity, and if you have any issues with my reviews or writing style, please e-mail me instead of commenting. Now, vent to your heart's content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

According to FTC guidelines, I'm obligated to share with you that all of the books that I review on my blog are either purchased by me or given to me by an author/publisher. All of the opinions expressed in my reviews are mine and I do not receive any sort of monetary goods for writing either good or bad reviews.